Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

I'm overseas and need windshield mounted rear view mirror measurements

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm overseas and need windshield mounted rear view mirror measurements

Hello, can someone be so kind to take rough measurements (overall width and height) of the Q5 rearview mirror mounted on the windshield? And the inside measurement of the driver side visor to passenger side visor (width)?
Like this:
VISOR.....................VISOR
|________|...........|________|

.............^--------^
MEASURE HERE--^

Sorry for the rough picture...
I'm overseas and want to buy a Broadway brand clip on wide rear view mirror. But I don't have the car to measure the mirror. Please help!!

Last edited by vwtoys; 12-29-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by vwtoys
Hello, can someone be so kind to take rough measurements (overall width and height) of the Q5 rearview mirror mounted on the windshield? And the inside measurement of the driver side visor to passenger side visor (width)?
Like this:
VISOR.....................VISOR
|________|...........|________|

.............^--------^
MEASURE HERE--^

Sorry for the rough picture...
I'm overseas and want to buy a Broadway brand clip on wide rear view mirror. But I don't have the car to measure the mirror. Please help!!

Can't help you right now-its late here, but you really don't need wide rearview mirror because the side mirrirs are so big you can see everything there, also bigger rearview mirror is not going to help because of relatively small rear glass.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by m1964
Can't help you right now-its late here, but you really don't need wide rearview mirror because the side mirrirs are so big you can see everything there, also bigger rearview mirror is not going to help because of relatively small rear glass.
Mirron = 10in wide, 2 3/4in high at thinest point, 3 1/4in high at widest point where the self dimming mirror button is.

Visor to visor (inside) = 12in
Old 12-29-2010, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks, anyone can help today or tommorrow would be great.
I use the wider mirror(slightly convex) to capture the view from the right rear quarter window and right rear passenger window in additon to the rear hatch glass. I find that to be very helpful when changing lanes as the side mirror has a dead spot and I don't have to glance to the far right to grab road information at all times. I like to know what's coming from behind even when I'm not changing lanes. So I know if the other lanes are open in case I need to swerve. The original is fine but it only offers the size of the rear hatch window, which I find limiting. I have it in all of my other cars.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by palumbo3284
Mirron = 10in wide, 2 3/4in high at thinest point, 3 1/4in high at widest point where the self dimming mirror button is.

Visor to visor (inside) = 12in
Thank you very much for your help!
Happy new year to you all!!