Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New To Audi: 2014 Ibis White Premium Q5 2.0T

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got everything ordered! Bill at Genuine Audi was a big help. He was able to pull up all of the various part numbers to help confirm a few things for me. The only part that had a single letter changed between the 2013/2014 was the lower S line spoiler. He even offered to order both in to check them out in person. Having said that, the bumper itself and the lower grille are unchanged, so I was confident in ordering either spoiler. I was able to order a complete take-off online for much less than I could from my local suppliers.

The bumper should be delivered and painted in the next few weeks. I'm going to have the shop spray the lower spoiler and grill black as well. Definitely looking forward to it!
Old 02-08-2014, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Here's a few quick shots of the test fit. Considering I'm working with 2013 parts on a 2014, I didn't want to take any chances. The guides from my 2014 fit the 2013 S line bumper, so I'll have to send those back to Genuine Audi. Aside from that, I'm still waiting on the lower spoiler, but that should be here next week.

Pulling the bumper was pretty straight forward. I had to pull out some of the interior to remove the nuts from the backside of the studs that are part of the bumper cover. You can see the holes just next to and above the impact bar.

For anyone wondering what the guides are, they're the black plastic piece that allows the rear bumper cover to snap into and line up with the rear quarter panel. They also act as the receiver for the screws that hold in the fender liners. With my 2014, the fender liners lined up perfectly with the S line bumper during the test fit. It doesn't look like I'll need to buy those either.

Here's a shot with better lighting. I removed the guides to do a test fit with the S line bumper. Everything lined up perfectly.

The bumper wasn't fully installed in the below picture, but it was easy to see that everything was going to fit just fine.

Just waiting on the spoiler at this point. Looking forward to it!

Old 02-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is the ride on the new H&R setup?
Old 02-09-2014, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bigpimpin907
How is the ride on the new H&R setup?
This can sometimes be a tough one to answer, as someones background tends to create a very subjective opinion. I've run Universal Air Suspension on my last 3 cars, the last setup was paired with BC coilovers on their stiffest setting. In comparison to what I'm accustomed to, the H&R setup on the Q5 is still very forgiving and comfortable.

Objectively, there's no doubt that the ride is more stiff, and I can see where those who are looking for factory ride comfort would want to revert back to the stock springs. Unfortunately, when pairing lowering springs with stock struts, you're going to give up some comfort. I don't have the ability to compare the H&R setup to any other aftermarket Q5 setup, but we may end up going to coilovers in the future. I want to close the gap when I mount the new wheels this spring. At that point, I'd be able to write a little comparison review.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Simans82
This can sometimes be a tough one to answer, as someones background tends to create a very subjective opinion. I've run Universal Air Suspension on my last 3 cars, the last setup was paired with BC coilovers on their stiffest setting. In comparison to what I'm accustomed to, the H&R setup on the Q5 is still very forgiving and comfortable.

Objectively, there's no doubt that the ride is more stiff, and I can see where those who are looking for factory ride comfort would want to revert back to the stock springs. Unfortunately, when pairing lowering springs with stock struts, you're going to give up some comfort. I don't have the ability to compare the H&R setup to any other aftermarket Q5 setup, but we may end up going to coilovers in the future. I want to close the gap when I mount the new wheels this spring. At that point, I'd be able to write a little comparison review.
Thanks for the info. Just trying to get all the info I can before I bite the bullet so I can make an informed decision. Found a great price on H&R coilovers and it looks to be the route I will take.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I picked up the bumper from the shop this week and installed it last night. It definitely completely changes the rear of the car. We're very pleased with the outcome. Here are a few pics of the bumper before I started the swap:

Before:

After:

Last edited by Simans82; 02-22-2014 at 10:10 AM.