Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5: how to make it better

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Spinerz?..

LOL

Agreed with the ventilated and heated seats, at least the front ones.

With the spare tire, I would rather not have any to save space and weight, just deliver the car with run-flat tires enven though in general the side walls are softer.

Other improvements I can think of (beside the spinnerz), standard paddle shifters, DSG, controllable suspension height (a la Allroad model), a Q5-S model.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

My Grand Cherokee SRT had no spare just run flats.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BayGBM
What would you do to make the Q5 better or more luxurious?

• The Q5 deserves a full sized spare tire that is indistinguishable from from the other four--not a flat donut. Many car makers (with smaller vehicles) include a full size spare. An SUV/Crossover class vehicle should as well.
What a whining about spare tire, sounds like you are using it all the time
Old 05-28-2009, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

cooled seats in texas would be a must. i know infiniti has 'em. love the heated option in the winter driving to the gym in the morning--warms up the hamstrings. saw the new nav with the nvidia chip. big upgrade over the current one with hard drive vs current dvd software. much quicker applications and brighter screen. real time traffic and the backup camera is nice. don't have it in my '07 A6 and frankly didn't miss it until i test drove a loaner 3.0t. worthy.

as with most options, you don't miss it until ya tried it.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by audi-luvin
cooled seats in texas would be a must. i know infiniti has 'em. love the heated option in the winter driving to the gym in the morning--warms up the hamstrings. saw the new nav with the nvidia chip. big upgrade over the current one with hard drive vs current dvd software. much quicker applications and brighter screen. real time traffic and the backup camera is nice. don't have it in my '07 A6 and frankly didn't miss it until i test drove a loaner 3.0t. worthy.

again, venthilated and cooled seats are part of the Luxury Package in the US for the 2010 Q5 model. They can be ordered now, i'm waiting for my order as we speak. I agree with your point though, it's a must have in hot weather.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by audi-luvin

Infiniti has them in the FX and M, not the G or the EX. Heated only in those two.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ManWIthAPlan
again, venthilated and cooled seats are part of the Luxury Package in the US for the 2010 Q5 model. They can be ordered now, i'm waiting for my order as we speak. I agree with your point though, it's a must have in hot weather.
How much was this option? And does any one know the option price for the B&O sound system?
Old 05-28-2009, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Eatskittens
How much was this option? And does any one know the option price for the B&O sound system?
No idea, I ordered blind. Just knew I wanted it. I'm in sales and regularly do presentations in front of large groups. I can't have my back sweating through my nice ironed shirt as I go into a customer meeting or seminar. You get the idea :-) I know it's a bit of TMI, and I'm not an overly sweaty guy, but when it's 88 and humid out and you're getting in a hot car that's been in a parking lot, you end up getting to the client with a large grease spot in your back. Not the end of the world, but given the option, I want the ventilated seats for sure!
Old 05-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

it does the back as well? or just the actual seat part you sit on?
Old 05-28-2009, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Eatskittens
it does the back as well? or just the actual seat part you sit on?
Does the back especially well, the A8 has had the option for a while, and experienced it myself. Works really well.

Quick Reply: Q5: how to make it better