Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Scratched my baby today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bayridgeguy
+1

now we are stuck with this ugly design for i think 6 or 8 years?
prolly 10-15 since thats the average lifespan for plates. I really hope i don't have to get them
Old 07-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think it doesnt look as bad as people think....retro european style..hehehe i think this way to make me feel better....yellow on black..not AS BAD as in other color..my opinion...hahah
Old 07-02-2010, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sorry to hear about how other people are so irresponsibly mindless about other people's possessions. I was in Niagara Falls last week (I'm from Toronto, Canada) for a conference; checked in at Hilton and it was completely valet parking! I started to become uneasy! My White S-Line Q5 delivered 1st June has never been driven by anyone else! So I told the valet person about my situation; he was a young lad (it seems it was his part-time job) so the more uneasy I became! Anyway, the following day, while anticipating for my baby to be brought back, I felt like I was watching a very scary movie and the end is coming up fast. Fortunately, there were no scary ending, I checked the whole exterior, 4 tires and rims, it seemed okay. Drove back to Toronto like a happy little boy with his toy. It's the following day though when I noticed that there was an itsy-bitsy dent next to the starter button. I was, of course, furious, but what else can be done? I tried detaching myself to it, but it surely is not easy. Oh, well...hope this makes you feel better - just wanted to say that we're not exempted to these kinds of situations. Wish people were more conscious though.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by que-e
Sorry to hear about how other people are so irresponsibly mindless about other people's possessions. I was in Niagara Falls last week (I'm from Toronto, Canada) for a conference; checked in at Hilton and it was completely valet parking! I started to become uneasy! My White S-Line Q5 delivered 1st June has never been driven by anyone else! So I told the valet person about my situation; he was a young lad (it seems it was his part-time job) so the more uneasy I became! Anyway, the following day, while anticipating for my baby to be brought back, I felt like I was watching a very scary movie and the end is coming up fast. Fortunately, there were no scary ending, I checked the whole exterior, 4 tires and rims, it seemed okay. Drove back to Toronto like a happy little boy with his toy. It's the following day though when I noticed that there was an itsy-bitsy dent next to the starter button. I was, of course, furious, but what else can be done? I tried detaching myself to it, but it surely is not easy. Oh, well...hope this makes you feel better - just wanted to say that we're not exempted to these kinds of situations. Wish people were more conscious though.
How do you think that happened?

Bob
Old 07-02-2010, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Bob, not the slightest idea...wish I knew how it happened. I can only imagine that they have a series of (heavy) keys (as they have lots of cars to move around) dangling in their hands and they dropped them on my baby. My only consolation is I plan to replace the trimmings (including the area of the shifter, start button, etc). Saving a bit of $ for them 'cause they're quite a fortune as per Audi parts/service. Am also waiting till ebay comes out with after-market trimmings...not original parts, but less $. Hopefully, it's sturdier than the orig factory-built ones.