Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 07:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A6forMoi
For those of you (not just rfa5) looking to get the fix soon, I'm curious as to why. Is it just to get the payment? Why not take a wait-and-see approach? I'm not saying you're wrong, just curious as to reasons.
It's time to move on for me. I usually get new wheels every 3-4 years and I've had my '14 now for almost 4 years. I do love it but now I'm looking to get the rest of my money and trade it in. Only wish the Jaguar F Pace diesel offered the 6 cylinder rather than the 2.0 four cylinder. Not sure what I will get next!
Old 01-07-2018, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey, we got our letter finally! Now, back to the dealer to explain to them what this letter is even about? Followed by the call from the service manager on what can we do to make sure we get that 10 out of 10 on the satisfaction survey?

But, at least this is FINALLY [hopefully?] getting resolved.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Coolieman1220
Yeah same here, I'm waiting, no rush for me.
We are a bit undecided on when to get the fix, and would appreciate clarification on what the deadline is to get it done. Thx in advanced
Old 01-08-2018, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sigq5
We are a bit undecided on when to get the fix, and would appreciate clarification on what the deadline is to get it done. Thx in advanced
I am slow too. I even haven't receive any settlement $ of any kind.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rfa5
It's time to move on for me. I usually get new wheels every 3-4 years and I've had my '14 now for almost 4 years. I do love it but now I'm looking to get the rest of my money and trade it in. Only wish the Jaguar F Pace diesel offered the 6 cylinder rather than the 2.0 four cylinder. Not sure what I will get next!
Plus 1 on this. Since we get the 180HP version Jag, I am still at least going to get the wife IN the Landrover Disco Diesel before we do anything else. I like the LR Sport better, who wouldn't, but I like the new Disco since it is not quite so boxy as before. Still VERY capable. But I haven't actually driven one. Just by their shape, I cannot image the drive is nearly as refined as the Q5 or F-Pace but more room and better utility.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by arcsupply
I am slow too. I even haven't receive any settlement $ of any kind.
same here, haven't filed for anything yet.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by canon_mutant
Plus 1 on this. Since we get the 180HP version Jag, I am still at least going to get the wife IN the Landrover Disco Diesel before we do anything else. I like the LR Sport better, who wouldn't, but I like the new Disco since it is not quite so boxy as before. Still VERY capable. But I haven't actually driven one. Just by their shape, I cannot image the drive is nearly as refined as the Q5 or F-Pace but more room and better utility.
For those of you who want to remain with a diesel, BMW is back with their X5 35d and 328d, and supposedly will be out with a 540d soon.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Software failed

just found out from my SA that Audi has asked dealers to halt the fix due to software fail.
you would think with all of the time they had this would not be a problem
Old 01-11-2018, 08:47 AM
eus
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe at this point we should change the thread title to:
"Meh, Audi to fix 3.0L TDIs"
Old 01-11-2018, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Twowheelsgood
I’d just as soon do it now and get the settlement money. If the drop in fuel economy exceeds the 1 mpg figure stated in booklet, I will wring some other concession out of them or have a chat with the MA Attorney General’s office. I’m not too concerned about the increased urea consumption since the booklet says they will refill at no cost between the 10,000 service intervals, if needed. My local dealer always washes the car when I bring it in for anything and they have a great waiting area so I wouldn’t mind an extra visit now and then. Being a biologist, I’ll feel better dumping less NOx into the atmosphere and I if I ever try to sell the car, I think most locals would prefer to have it compliant.

The issue with the increase urea consumption is possible engine issues, What about fuel wash with so much additional ad blue, just seems like it's going to lead to destroyed engines and the warranty is not taking account of that, hell 5 years, Diesels should last 300K miles, but with this flaw and requiring so much more adblue, I'm afraid we are going to take a hit. VW is walking away without considering the ramifications of this "fix"

Quick Reply: YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs