Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by arcsupply
I guess you didn't have time scroll it up?
dradlocks already posted.
Here is the link,
https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/wp...NAL_ONLINE.pdf
I meant more of a technical explanation, but thanks for the link to a booklet for a car I don’t own, and extra thanks for the useless attitude
Old 02-09-2018, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi folks,
Las Vegas Audi has 3 Q5 3.0T TDI's for sale. 2016 Monsoon Gray, 2015 Monsoon Gray and Black.

The 2016 is 54,885 MSRP and they're asking for 46,652. Not quite the 20% off that I'm seeing on various forums. I'm thinking about buying this one, it has the Premium Plus package with Technology and 20" wheels.
Does this sound like a good deal? I'm also considering a 2018 Q5 2.0T, newer technology and about $46-48k.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by jhumph88

I meant more of a technical explanation, but thanks for the link to a booklet for a car I don’t own, and extra thanks for the useless attitude
In the booklet are explanations of what is being updated in the Q5 TDI vehicle.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:41 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Who ate your bowl of sunshine this morning, thundercloud?
Old 02-09-2018, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 567 Likes on 449 Posts

Here's the one specific to the Q5, but I'm sorry it still dont have a picture of a Q5 on it: https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/wp...WEBVERSION.pdf

Here is the more technical explanation: The fix technically changed everything required to make the vehicle compliant with its original emissions certification, the reasoning behind those changes is because they got caught cheating and they had no other recourse.. for further specifics read the above link as its the only document that has ever been published that says anything remotely technical about the expected changes.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by J. Patterson

I have read that AUDI is giving 20% off MSRP on unsold 2015s. A dealer verified that to me. I have not seen any 2016s but I guess there are a few that came in before the stop sale. If you can find one, a low mileage used one that has had the fix is an even better deal. Those unsold 2015s will be 3 year old used cars the day after you buy one.
I believe I have read this as well for the 2015s. Aside from online media, I have nothing official from audi; Specifically, I am looking at the 2016 model year.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I put a 2016 Q5 on hold over a year ago, so I would like to have a better idea of what I should be negotiating after their offer of 15% off. No where have I seen information on what Audi has covered in terms of the dealerships loss of sales income and maintenance to bring the hold vehicles back up to par. Dealership is saying they are covering costs for a complete detail, new battery, tires, and brake conditioning. I cannot recall what they said Audi was reimbursing them for, they had some name for the type of compensation it was. Seems Audi would cover any costs for the dealership to renew the vehicles to selling condition.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Go find TSB yourself instead asking useless questions here.
This is Q5/SQ5 discussion link, If you don't own this go somewhere else.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
Here's the one specific to the Q5, but I'm sorry it still dont have a picture of a Q5 on it: https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/wp...WEBVERSION.pdf

Here is the more technical explanation: The fix technically changed everything required to make the vehicle compliant with its original emissions certification, the reasoning behind those changes is because they got caught cheating and they had no other recourse.. for further specifics read the above link as its the only document that has ever been published that says anything remotely technical about the expected changes.
Way to keep it professional Dread...you continue to provide great info to the uninformed that troll this board.

Grey
Old 02-14-2018, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

After exactly 100 months with a very reliable MY2010 Q7 TDI, it was sad to turn the car back to VW a few days ago. The VW portal experience was relatively painless (won't bore you with the unnecessary delays caused by VW's document reviewers) and once the settlement paperwork was signed and accepted, scheduling a date/time took another 2 weeks. Turn in at my favorite dealership was completed within 30 mins last Monday afternoon. Got my Chase EFT email last night (before midnight) and received confirmation from my bank about the deposit early this morning. With an exception of a couple of glow plug alerts, the Q7 had no other mechanical/electrical issues.

Quick Reply: YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs