Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2019 Order Guide/Book Date?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikedb
Back in May I put a deposit down for a 2019 with my local dealer (in Canada). Apparently they just received their allocation.... for build dates starting in October! With the typical six-week shipping time, they've told me to expect a delivery in late November/early December. Much later than I was hoping for.

This is my fourth purchase of a new Audi, and I have never seen a model released so late in the year- especially for a carryover. Does anyone know what is going on?
I'm wondering where you are in Canada mikedb because I told my local dealer I'd like to order a '19 and they don't seem to have any details as to when the pricing is going to be available.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:11 PM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 573 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyRotten
I'm wondering where you are in Canada mikedb because I told my local dealer I'd like to order a '19 and they don't seem to have any details as to when the pricing is going to be available.
In the U.S., dealers have been able to order '19 since July for October production although pricing has yet to be announced. I'm assuming same goes for Canada. I guess we'll see more details here once the Summer of Audi sale ends in early September.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AZTX, did you have to put a deposit down for your build at Central Houston?
Old 08-31-2018, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hello all. New member here. Long time lurker while doing research for the 2019 SQ5 order that I placed earlier this week. For those who have made orders, is anyone concerned about potential tariffs kicking in before our cars arrive? I've read that the plan is to tax the cars at 2.5% of MSRP. On the positive side, I believe the tariffs would require congressional approval and read where that would push the timeline for establishment beyond the first of next year. Looking forward to my November delivery...
Old 09-01-2018, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Interestingly enough, the Canadian order guide (I don't believe it is available right now, but it should be out any day now) is much different from the U.S. guide.
The Canadian Q5's are also labelled differently.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rty7186
AZTX, did you have to put a deposit down for your build at Central Houston?
No money down. Go talk to Tyrone at Audi Central he will get you right.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks AZTX! I was talking to someone about another vehicle at Central Houston (that vehicle has sold) but hadn't asked about doing a new build with them. I had only discussed a new build with one of the dealers here in San Antonio. Since the guide/book prices aren't out did y'all discuss a rough percentage off MSRP (which is unknown at this time) at the time of ordering? I may just go the new build route. Thanks for the quick replies.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rty7186
Thanks AZTX! I was talking to someone about another vehicle at Central Houston (that vehicle has sold) but hadn't asked about doing a new build with them. I had only discussed a new build with one of the dealers here in San Antonio. Since the guide/book prices aren't out did y'all discuss a rough percentage off MSRP (which is unknown at this time) at the time of ordering? I may just go the new build route. Thanks for the quick replies.
We didn’t talk pricing due to the pricing not being out. I would build one to your specs and when it comes if you don’t like you can walk away hassle free. However, I believe the most anyone will get on a new build is 7-8% off a best.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by JonnyRotten
Hi Jonny,

MH62 is correct. My dealer knows when they have allocation, but no pricing yet. To ensure I was one of the first to receive a 2019 (I have a friend waiting for my S3), I put down a deposit, and negotiated a percentage discount off MSRP.

I ended up placing a refundable deposit on an e-Tron, and if it ends up selling at a reasonable price point, I may end up cancelling the the SQ5 order...
Old 09-05-2018, 12:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Fleeb
Ask and ye shall receive, 2019 Q5
Originally Posted by Aviator787
Would you be able to get the Canadian order guide for the SQ5?
Originally Posted by mikedb
Hi Jonny,

MH62 is correct. My dealer knows when they have allocation, but no pricing yet. To ensure I was one of the first to receive a 2019 (I have a friend waiting for my S3), I put down a deposit, and negotiated a percentage discount off MSRP.

I ended up placing a refundable deposit on an e-Tron, and if it ends up selling at a reasonable price point, I may end up cancelling the the SQ5 order...
I'm also ordering a 2019 Q5 so I've put down a deposit with the deal being subject to pricing.
I wish Audi would release the proper order guides and pricing so I can get an idea of when the vehicles will be built and delivered.
I'm down to one vehicle now so the sooner the better for me.