Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Best aftermarket shop/repair manual?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Best aftermarket shop/repair manual?

Hello all, per the above title…who’s using what literature to repair their vehicles? I couldn’t find any tried and true Bentley products for the B9 Q5.
Old 11-16-2022, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

I'd like to have more information as well.
Old 11-17-2022, 02:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Sydney - Australia. Been keeping the Pacific and Indian oceans apart since 1788
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

Have a look at this site - https://www.factory-manuals.com/audi-q5&27&131
I have not used them personally (factory-manuals.com) but have seen positive reviews on them from a few Euro independent techs.
The following users liked this post:
aclass (11-20-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 04:49 AM
TJK
AudiWorld Member

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Martigary
Have a look at this site - https://www.factory-manuals.com/audi-q5&27&131
I have not used them personally (factory-manuals.com) but have seen positive reviews on them from a few Euro independent techs.
I’ve read that how that works is you pay them and they buy a temporary access to the online factory manual eRwin, and then copy the contents into a giant pdf. It’s labor intensive and takes a few days to deliver. And you get something that ultimately isn’t easy to navigate but I guess the content is there. Not sure if that avoids copyright issues - perhaps it does since you have the right to do the same if you bought 3 day access to eRwin. I’d proceed carefully.
Old 11-17-2022, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 141 Likes on 98 Posts

I downloaded everything from erWin(factory manual) and it only cost $35. Best investment ever, I wouldn’t even look elsewhere because it probably won’t be as good.

just pay $35 for a 24 license and then download everything for your model

https://erwin.audiusa.com/erwin/showHome.do
Old 11-17-2022, 09:44 AM
TJK
AudiWorld Member

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by toomanymc
I downloaded everything from erWin(factory manual) and it only cost $35. Best investment ever, I wouldn’t even look elsewhere because it probably won’t be as good.

just pay $35 for a 24 license and then download everything for your model

https://erwin.audiusa.com/erwin/showHome.do
how difficult is it to download? Can you dump the whole contents in one shot, or do you have to do something tedious like download limited sections or pages at a time?
Old 11-17-2022, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 141 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by TJK
how difficult is it to download? Can you dump the whole contents in one shot, or do you have to do something tedious like download limited sections or pages at a time?

It's easy. Its divided into sections/manuals and each section/manual you download individually. For example there is one manual just for wiring, one for body interior, body exterior, HVAC etc... I have 14 PDF's for my 2018 Q5. They cross reference each other so for example when I had to replace one of my lift gate motors I had to use one manual that actually described how to replace the motor but it would reference the interior manual for removing trim panels(with section numbers so you don't have to search). Overall its very easy to use and everything is hyperlinked.

Honestly the hardest part is getting access. Unless its changed its a clunky process where you have to purchase access then redeem the access to get into erWin. The directions are clear and easy to follow but it definitely feels like a system that was designed in the early days of the internet.
The following users liked this post:
TJK (11-17-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,891 Likes on 1,606 Posts

I always heard reference to Bentley, but seems they stopped making stuff for the B models after B6 or B7. Audi makes decent factory workshop manuals available for a good price. Anything you find anywhere else, they are just reselling you the Audi workshop manuals from erwin (erwin being an Audi thing, not another company).
Old 11-17-2022, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Sydney - Australia. Been keeping the Pacific and Indian oceans apart since 1788
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

The trick with erwin is to place your VIN into the search field to access all documents related to that vehicle. You can than save/download all of those to view later. You can get away with just the 1 hour access and not worry if it is suitable or not for your vehicle.

Old 11-17-2022, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 130 Likes on 61 Posts

I've been using this particular website and it's super detailed and broken up into sections you'd want. I've just kinda gone through the list slowly and started downloading what I need:
https://cardiagn.com/audi-q5-fyfyb-2...ring-diagrams/

Just beware if you're using an Adblocker the website can kinda break with it's captcha's

Quick Reply: Best aftermarket shop/repair manual?