Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

My brand new 2018 SQ5 - In SHOP more than on the road so far!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 132 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by GC500
Thanks for asking @ronsal. The repairs were completed on the original vehicle on day 50 in the shop and I've had it back since then. The final set of repairs consisted of replacing both the intake and exhaust CAMSHAFTS and intake and exhaust ADJUSTERS. In the meantime, Audi is in the process of replacing the original vehicle with a new 2019. I am very satisfied with how Audi is handling the replacement and I hope to get the replacement SQ5 soon since So Cal. dealers are finally getting 2019's in stock. I'll post pics once I get the replacement, and I'll also give my thoughts / advice on how I'd handle this type of situation in the future, now that I have some hindsight.
Looking forward to your thoughts.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad this is resolved but if it wasn’t lemon law is not as hard as it sounds. I have sadly had to use the lemon law twice to get rid of a bad new car. Both times the process was relatively easy. It sounds like you had clearly met the requirements for lemon law in number of repeated repair attempts and time without your car. Most lemon law Attourneys will take your case at no fee if they review it and see that it’s clear cut. Then they take the documentation, negotiate with the manufacturer, they get a fee as part of the settlement, and you get to choose another car or get a replacement. You could have contacted a lemon law Attourney local to you and chatted with them. It costs you nothing. I did it twice and it was dead simple really.

In both cases the dealer and manufacturer were running me in circles, as soon as I got a lawyer who knew the process, the noise stopped and I got a settlement. The lemon law terms are clear cut and when they are met there is not much the manufacturer can do other than settle.

Last edited by El Gato; 01-01-2019 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'd think this day and age with cars having so many sensors and sophisticated scanning tools, issues like this wouldn't exist. At least they did give you a loaner car. Having my car ripped into like that, I'd definitely want a new one. They never seem to go back together the same way.
The following users liked this post:
Skitchr007 (08-03-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is a good read, thanks GC500 for sharing. I agree with @BFN949 the most, there is no such thing as brand loyalty or it only exists in consumers, no big corporate has such mentality in their business model or actual business practice.
The following users liked this post:
Skitchr007 (08-03-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Audi experience

My 2018 Sq5 started out with having suspension, pre sense, and adaptive lights malfunction. After a few resets that was fixed. The only issue that has persisted since driving off the lot is my windows. I have been to the dealership 6+ times to get the windows to act normal. They will roll down when you try to roll your window up. I live in an area where it snows and becuase of this snow would just fall right down on to the door switches. There have been a number of times where I have found my car window slightly open becuase the auto close wont push it all the way up.

I recently sent a message to audi who said they will put a replacement request in but I have no idea what that is. They didn't really explain it.

Has anyone gone through a replacement process or had window issue?
Old 06-20-2019, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 132 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitul Poshia
My 2018 Sq5 started out with having suspension, pre sense, and adaptive lights malfunction. After a few resets that was fixed. The only issue that has persisted since driving off the lot is my windows. I have been to the dealership 6+ times to get the windows to act normal. They will roll down when you try to roll your window up. I live in an area where it snows and becuase of this snow would just fall right down on to the door switches. There have been a number of times where I have found my car window slightly open becuase the auto close wont push it all the way up.

I recently sent a message to audi who said they will put a replacement request in but I have no idea what that is. They didn't really explain it.

Has anyone gone through a replacement process or had window issue?
Scroll down about a dozen or so threads, to "Anyone have issues with power windows," and you'll find about 95 comments
Old 06-21-2019, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

I call my SQ5 "Q Baby"

I even wrote a song about it