Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

My brand new 2018 SQ5 - In SHOP more than on the road so far!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NeedMoreHP

I’m surprised you’ve had this much patience. Call an attorney tomorrow.
I'll be doing that too.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for your problems. In my experience, having arbitrated a claim and ultimately sued under the Lemon Law in Michigan, my advice would be to seek legal remedies and skip arbitration if able. I arbitrated my claim with a letter from the VP of customer relations stating they would be happy to buy back my vehicle and the arbitration board failed to follow to deem the issue worthy of repurchase. I ended up having to sue under the lemon law and after ONE YEAR my case was settled very favorably for me. This was not with audi however. The claim was for a toyota! My experience would lead me to believe the longer they delay, the lower the cost as they follow a simple mathematical equation to calculate the residual value of your vehicle including tax, title, license, extended warranties purchased. This figure is weighted towards mileage and in michigan is vehicle specific (some hold value better than others). Fortunately for me, i recorded the mileage when the vehicle actually fulfilled the legal definition of a lemon. This may matter little for you as your vehicle has so few miles but might factor in if "off the lot" depreciation is high. At any rate, your patience is praise worthy. Best of luck.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

MAN...I am very surprised by the way Audi USA is treating you. This would seem to be a no brainer for Audi...swap the vehicle for a new one. The damage being done to
their reputation is immeasurable. I can't understand, in this day and age with the internet, why Audi would allow this to happen.

Quite a few disappointed Audi customers on this forum I'm sure. (Including me)
The following users liked this post:
Skitchr007 (08-03-2019)
Old 11-21-2018, 03:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GC500
I thought I was finally getting the vehicle back today (Day 29 in the shop). Dealer texted in the AM to say they fixed the car, the error codes were gone, and that all they needed to do was test drive the vehicle and get Audi quality control to release it. Unfortunately, I then got a call from the service manger a couple hours later letting me know the cam adjuster error was back after a short test drive. @*#!... so close. I am like Charlie Brown and Audi is Lucy with a football. Dealer says everything has been replaced and engine timing adjusted exactly as per Audi engineering but the engine is still throwing error codes. I was told not to expect any further update until Monday or Tuesday next week because they’ll be waiting on the Audi Field Service manager or Audi Engineering (one of those) to advise them further.

In the meantime, I’ve still heard ZERO from Audi since I made my request on Nov 2nd to have them swap the vehicle - outside of that generic e-mail I got from them on the 5th telling me they’ve “escalated my request to the Customer Resolution and Retention Team for further analysis”.

I e-mailed them on Sat asking them to provide a status update. No reply.

I called Audi customer care today. Here’s how my conversation started…

Me: Yes, I am calling to check on the status of my request to replace my new SQ5 which has been under repair since 10/22.
Audi Customer Care: “I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your Q7.”

Me: Sigh

After a hold, they came back on the line and said something like ‘that department is still discussing how to resolve with the servicing dealer and someone will contact me as soon as a decision has been made’.

And of course I’ve heard nothing from DCH Audi Calabasas because they don’t care about their customers.

Tomorrow I hit the magic 30 day mark that the car has been under service, at which point the vehicle can be presumed to be a LEMON in the state of California. I’ve already started a case with the Better Business Bureau which handles the California State certified arbitration program.

So Audi is looking at my case and saying even though this guy drove our car off the lot which immediately broke down, and has been without his vehicle for 30 days, and our engineers have no idea how to actually fix the car… we’re not going to do anything about it. Seems they’re stalling in hopes the vehicle gets fixed so they don’t have to swap it… but wish in one hand and **** in the other, and see which one fills up first. Next step, arbitration. Class act, Audi. Class Act.
I mentioned this to you in an earlier post, pursue the Magnusson Moss law. If you go this route there are no attorney fees until case is settled, no money out of your pocket and honestly if Audi is served with papers I bet they will just offer to replace the car at that point and they will be liable for all attorney fees. Either way they have broken the law. This is a much easier route than going through the lemon law.
Skitchr007 (08-03-2019)
Old 11-21-2018, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Use social media. Shame them in the Audi FB/Twitter feeds. Something like "Why has my new Audi with 200 miles on it in the shop for 30 days - and Audi won't replace it" and with that picture of it apart in the dealer's shop. Nothing motivates more than a non-confrontational post to a social feed to generate a response.

When people return TV's because there is a couple of bad pixels, you're far past the reasonable point where Audi should replace the vehicle.

I would also email
Jamie Dennis
Senior Vice President, Product Quality, Technical Service and After Sales

Here is his LinkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamie-dennis-67b263114/

And his email should be: Jamie.Dennis@audiusa.com

Skitchr007 (08-03-2019)
Old 11-21-2018, 06:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffreyTT
Use social media. Shame them in the Audi FB/Twitter feeds. Something like "Why has my new Audi with 200 miles on it in the shop for 30 days - and Audi won't replace it" and with that picture of it apart in the dealer's shop. Nothing motivates more than a non-confrontational post to a social feed to generate a response.

When people return TV's because there is a couple of bad pixels, you're far past the reasonable point where Audi should replace the vehicle.

I would also email
Jamie Dennis
Senior Vice President, Product Quality, Technical Service and After Sales

Here is his LinkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamie-dennis-67b263114/

And his email should be: Jamie.Dennis@audiusa.com
I totally agree with you on this and social media posts might cause some loss of sales. If I was in this situation I would have used the Magnusson Moss law and already have an attorney. This is a clear cut case for this law and Audi would loose and end up replacing the car and probably paying additional monies for loss of use and violating the law.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by floridaman100
I mentioned this to you in an earlier post, pursue the Magnusson Moss law. If you go this route there are no attorney fees until case is settled, no money out of your pocket and honestly if Audi is served with papers I bet they will just offer to replace the car at that point and they will be liable for all attorney fees. Either way they have broken the law. This is a much easier route than going through the lemon law.
Thanks floridaman100! In addition to having already filed all the arbitration paperwork (that case is now active), I am also in the process of getting an attorney. Audi will be getting served with papers by next week - for certain. I didn't see a downside to doing both. The arbitration is not binding to the consumer and I can reject the outcome or just stop the process at any point if I want.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GC500
Thanks floridaman100! In addition to having already filed all the arbitration paperwork (that case is now active), I am also in the process of getting an attorney. Audi will be getting served with papers by next week - for certain. I didn't see a downside to doing both. The arbitration is not binding to the consumer and I can reject the outcome or just stop the process at any point if I want.
Arbitration is binding...
Old 11-21-2018, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NeedMoreHP

Arbitration is binding...
Yes, binding for Audi not for me.

https://www.dca.ca.gov/acp/pdf_files/englemn.pdf

After your arbitration hearing:
• If the arbitrator is requesting additional information or an inspection of the vehicle, cooperate fully with the request and follow the instructions of the program.
• Once the arbitrator has issued a decision, accept or reject the arbitrator’s decision within 30 days.
• The claim will close once you accept or reject the decision, however, if the manufacturer is required to perform an award, the arbitration program must verify the performance of the award.
• If you disagree with the arbitrator’s decision, you may reject the decision or seek legal advice from an attorney as to what legal options are available to you.
• If, after the hearing, you seek an additional warranty repair attempt, you may refile for arbitration with the program during the eligibility period
Old 11-21-2018, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jvdo
Sorry for your problems. In my experience, having arbitrated a claim and ultimately sued under the Lemon Law in Michigan, my advice would be to seek legal remedies and skip arbitration if able. I arbitrated my claim with a letter from the VP of customer relations stating they would be happy to buy back my vehicle and the arbitration board failed to follow to deem the issue worthy of repurchase. I ended up having to sue under the lemon law and after ONE YEAR my case was settled very favorably for me. This was not with audi however. The claim was for a toyota! My experience would lead me to believe the longer they delay, the lower the cost as they follow a simple mathematical equation to calculate the residual value of your vehicle including tax, title, license, extended warranties purchased. This figure is weighted towards mileage and in michigan is vehicle specific (some hold value better than others). Fortunately for me, i recorded the mileage when the vehicle actually fulfilled the legal definition of a lemon. This may matter little for you as your vehicle has so few miles but might factor in if "off the lot" depreciation is high. At any rate, your patience is praise worthy. Best of luck.
Definitely working on legal remedies side of it too, but I do I feel like I meet the correct criteria to be successful in arbitration if it's not settled via legal remedies before then. Fortunately for me arbitration is very consumer friendly in CA. Process should take around 30-40 days max, usually less, and while the outcome would be binding on Audi, I can reject the arbitration outcome for any reason.

Quick Reply: My brand new 2018 SQ5 - In SHOP more than on the road so far!!!