Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

OBDeleven - what MKII SQ5/Q5 changes have you made?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rbreeze
The success of enabling VIM depends on the MIB unit software version. Per the text in the OBDeleven mini-app for VIM... > "this app is not working on 2018 models which have MIB unit with software version 1116 and newer". With that said the app would probably work on my '18 Q5, since my software is version 0918. I don't need or want VIM, so I don't think I'll be playing with this one.
Ya, I personally would have no interest in enabling this feature either.

The only reason I was sharing the video is because I wasn't sure what VIM stood for (Video In Motion) so I Googled it and came across the YouTube video.
I figured those who really want VIM could see that it can be enabled on some vehicles.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:51 AM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jester7677
I am looking to pick one of these units up and curious what folks have been able to do. What and how would be ideal.
Easy entry driver's side.
Gear display.
Lock/Unlock acoustic confirmation.
Rear hatch: increased remote button time to 2 seconds (.8 sec default).
Sound actor off.
Park assist tones disabled.
Air conditioning recirculate (remember last setting)
Disabled auto unlock after PARK.
Key-fob range limitation disabled.
Start/Stop engine disabled.
Comfort turn signals (setting = 4 blinks)
Old 11-04-2018, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

A system generated confirmation tone sounds whenever Reverse gear is selected/engaged. Does anyone know how to code this confirmation tone to be Off/remain silent? I prefer a quiet cabin, without these kinds of annoying distractions.
/R
Old 11-05-2018, 02:26 PM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 573 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by rbreeze
A system generated confirmation tone sounds whenever Reverse gear is selected/engaged. Does anyone know how to code this confirmation tone to be Off/remain silent? I prefer a quiet cabin, without these kinds of annoying distractions.
/R
If you rely on your backup sensors, that beep is a good thing. It's not a confirmation of Reverse gear as much as a confirmation that the rear parking assist is engaged and ready to alert you of approaching obstacles. Disabling that beep would take away this feel-good feedback.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone been able to disable the extra blocks of light that come on when the turn signals are on? I would like to eliminate them so that only the dynamic lights stays on when the turn signals or hazards are in use, someone did this on the B9 A4 but I could not find it,
the extra lights are required so that it meets US regulation.

Sorry if it was posted and I missed it.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New owner of a '18 Q5 Premium Plus (Tech Premium Pkg). Got the OBD11 over the weekend and successfully turned off the seat belt chime, enabled gear display and enabled rear DRLs. I have a few questions for those with a similar package:

1 - For those that added the needle sweep, will you be reverting that setting to stock before you bring your car in for service? Seems like that one would be a dead give away that you've made code changes.
2 - With the Premium Plus, do I have the proper equipment to add High Beam Assist with the OBD11? I do have some kind of forward facing sensor or camera in the rear view mirror.

Would also be interested to hear about your favorite alterations made with the OBD11. Thanks
Old 02-19-2019, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 393 Likes on 279 Posts

I've never heard of anyone being given a hard time for changes. These are existing features and any Audi shop could have done them as a favor. I like easy entry, turning off the soubdakor, disabling auto stop/ start, and giving the option to choose the default Adaptive cruise distance.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

When you go in the main app and select your car, does it list all available apps and description of what they do?
Old 06-11-2019, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know how to increase the shutoff speed of the parking sensors/backup camera?

I park in an apartment building garage that has a couple of long straightaways combined with tight turns. I only get up to about 10-15mph but that's fast enough to disable it, so it's annoying to have the sensors go on and off a few times (in addition to triggering the music fader).
Old 06-12-2019, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Guvnick
When you go in the main app and select your car, does it list all available apps and description of what they do?
Yes, when you go into the main app, select your car and then choose 'Apps' it lists all the available 'mini-apps' for the vehicle. By selecting a mini-app a description of what it does is provided. For my '18 Q5 there are currently a total of 72 mini-apps listed.

Quick Reply: OBDeleven - what MKII SQ5/Q5 changes have you made?