Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2018 Q7 Tail Gate / Tail Light issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2018 Q7 Tail Gate / Tail Light issue

I've been experiencing issues regarding the Tail Light / Tail Gate for the past 3 month . Basically there was something wrong with the tail gate sensor which couldn't detect the open/close status of the tail gate properly , when it happens , after closing the tail gate , it will still be considered in 'Open' state and the tail light /brake light on the tail gate will NOT be functional and bumper light will be lighten up instead. some times will receive a "Vehicle light malfunction " error in cluster. I've check with the dealership and they said this is caused by dirt getting into the sensor/ switch area and there might be a TSB for a new version of the latch/ sensor cover to prevent this , while I'm still waiting , just wondering if you guys are experiencing the same ?
Old 04-09-2019, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 74 Likes on 54 Posts

I had that happen a few times last summer. The dealer just cleaned out the latch/sensor area and it has been fine ever since. I vacuum in there every once in a while. There are 2 metal flaps on hinges next to the latch which you can press down and get in with a narrow vacuum attachment. I was skeptical when they said that celaning it out was all that was needed, but it truly has not happened again since then.