Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Cargo Mat and Trunk Cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timshuwy
I have not purchased these for the Q7 yet, but I DID purchase the version for the Q5 from this company, and I was very pleased with the fit... used (and abused) them for 3 years. I liked how I could still get into the spare tire area on the Q5.
According to the Q&A on Amazon, this DOES work with the seats folded down OR in the up position as long as you apply Velcro to hold it in place. It has a built in fold. Check it out. This is probably what I will be getting in a few weeks.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B06XF24C...TFR8Q29R&psc=0
It's currently out of stock on amazon, I wonder how it would compare to weather tech, My main concern is, I will be having the 3rd row up most of the time, I wonder if weather tech fold up when you have the 3rd row up and if there is away to have it against the back of the 3rd row or will it fold and fall over.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:20 AM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sid369
It's currently out of stock on amazon, I wonder how it would compare to weather tech, My main concern is, I will be having the 3rd row up most of the time, I wonder if weather tech fold up when you have the 3rd row up and if there is away to have it against the back of the 3rd row or will it fold and fall over.
If you search further, there is a secondary supplier of amazon that will ship for free and it is the same price. Regarding the fold.. someone answered that exact question on Amazon Reviews and Questions. They said that they applied velcro to the back of the 3rd row seat, and then it folds up with the seat with no problem. In the photos I have seen of Weathertech, there is no fold... its a solid piece of plastic so you would have to remove it if you wanted the 3rd row up. (but I may be wrong).
Old 01-06-2018, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by timshuwy
If you search further, there is a secondary supplier of amazon that will ship for free and it is the same price. Regarding the fold.. someone answered that exact question on Amazon Reviews and Questions. They said that they applied velcro to the back of the 3rd row seat, and then it folds up with the seat with no problem. In the photos I have seen of Weathertech, there is no fold... its a solid piece of plastic so you would have to remove it if you wanted the 3rd row up. (but I may be wrong).
The Weathertach mat can remain in the car with the third row up, but it will flop over. If you somehow velcro it to the back of the third row, you may be able to prevent that, but I think it would extend vertically a bit above the top of the seat backs (but not headrests). See post #16 here for photos:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-.../#post24803673
Old 01-06-2018, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NABS4
Good choice. I had the Audi cargo mat and threw it in the garbage.
Did you buy it separately or did it come with the cold weather package mats?