Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

How do I install the map update via the SD card?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to run the Java Audi Connect Download Client. On a Mac it will ask you if you want to run or cancel the application, click run. Put the formatted SD card in your computer and then select the SC card when it asks for destination folder. The program will download the files, verify them and then copy the necessary files to the target - SD card. The download is about 11 GB for the whole NA so it will take a while to go thru this process. But it works in the end and is the fastest way to update the car. Good luck.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I would expect it to just update any region data you have for that region and therefore I'd assume its possible if you update regions asynchronously to have a "map" comprised of 5 or more versions of the map. So I would not expect you to lose any versions ever, it will just overwrite the sections of the map which are newer.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone share the maps for EU? I've relocated to Europe for a few years and wanted to update the maps on my Q7 (MKII).
Spoke with Audi USA but they can't (don't want to) help.
Thank you !
Old 01-22-2019, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi there. this is my first post so hopefully not pi$$ing off any administrators for not reading the rules first!

My question is how does the 5 free updates work? I have a 2018 A4 with technology pack and have not updated the map yet. Does it mean I can still download 5 updates from any future releases or the count starts from first release after my currently installed version? Not sure if it's worth keeping the updates to use later or not.

Thanks...
Old 02-03-2019, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi guys,
I've downloaded the recent updates and they shows up as 2 folders: Mib1 and Mib2. I copied both folders into an SD card and the MMI doesn't recognize them as an update. Did I do something wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-03-2019, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Keyser Wi
Hi guys,
I've downloaded the recent updates and they shows up as 2 folders: Mib1 and Mib2. I copied both folders into an SD card and the MMI doesn't recognize them as an update. Did I do something wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
I just did the update couple weeks ago, it sounds like you copied the two folders but did not copy the two files at the same level as the folders? This is what should be on your SD card:

metainfo2.txt <file>
XXXXXX.md5 <file> - Don't know if the filename is the same for all installs but this is going to be a file with the md5 extension
Mib1 <folder>
Mib2 <folder>
Old 02-03-2019, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by keith.d
I just did the update couple weeks ago, it sounds like you copied the two folders but did not copy the two files at the same level as the folders? This is what should be on your SD card:

metainfo2.txt <file>
XXXXXX.md5 <file> - Don't know if the filename is the same for all installs but this is going to be a file with the md5 extension
Mib1 <folder>
Mib2 <folder>
Keith -- you're right I didnt copy those. I put all the downloads in a crowded folder so I didn't know which files come with the package. Thank you much! I think this should solve my problem.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

What version are you all seeing? I installed version "2018/2019" back in June and expected to see the 6-month update version "2019" by now. But I'm still seeing "2018/2019" on the myAudi site.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
What version are you all seeing? I installed version "2018/2019" back in June and expected to see the 6-month update version "2019" by now. But I'm still seeing "2018/2019" on the myAudi site.
Same here, and it appears to be the same file date. Wonder if that means no 2019 update until June?
Old 02-04-2019, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 74 Likes on 54 Posts

Anybody know the answer to the question posed above about the 5 free updates? Is it the first 5 updates that are available or does skipping updates extend makes it so that you could receive updates in the more distant future (ie, the update only counts if you actually use it)?

Quick Reply: How do I install the map update via the SD card?