Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Location of Front Side Marker Light

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the module easy to access and change out? This corrected the issue in your car?
Old 12-11-2021, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by wolfmajor
Is the module easy to access and change out? This corrected the issue in your car?

I do not know the details, the dealer ordered the part, I paid only 50.00 CAD deductible.

Old 12-11-2021, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 795 Likes on 608 Posts

You can try to disable permanently the side markers:

Module 09 Central Electric.
Coding: Sidemarker_via_lcm: from "active" on "not_active"
or by binary coding: Byte 06, Bit 4 from checked on un-checked
The following users liked this post:
trombs (10-12-2023)
Old 12-11-2021, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I guess I'll have to go to Audi because I have no idea what the message means. 🤷‍♀️
Old 12-14-2021, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by edf
I am getting this same indicator light tonight,but I can't find any bulbs that are out.Anyone have a clue on this or is just the sensor screwing up?
Originally Posted by Sydohlah
So I didn’t realize I had to actually disable the side marker lights as clearing the fault didn’t work. Disabled now but still need a fix as I think the light is an important safety feature.

how do we do that?
Old 02-11-2022, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6k to replace diode

I have the same problem with the side diode burning out. The dealer said that it causes the power unit circuitry to burn out in the whole left headlight unit even though everything else is working fine. The quoted me 6k to replace the whole thing. We have the platinum extended warranty from Audi Pure Protection. What a was a money since they’re saying it’s not covered. Who would ever pay 6k to replace a diode. Was there ever a recall on the part or a class action suit? This has really pissed off my family who has multiple Audis. Audi North Shore Milwaukee is doing a marginal job to help got to bat for us. What’s the point of buying a new car when the dealership won’t help plead your case when it’s clearly a factory defect.
The following users liked this post:
bp1203 (07-27-2023)
Old 02-25-2022, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Any REAL solutions to this?

Of course, I'm having same issue on 2017 Q7. Also of course, I'm JUST outside my warranty expiration.
Solutions I'm seeing here are:
1. Disable the warning manually using OBD eleven
2. Pay the dealer ~$5k or more to replace the entire headlight assembly
3. Live with it

Has anybody been successful with an actual REASONABLE solution to fixing this seemingly minor problem? My car's at dealer service now, so I'm nervously awaiting for them to tell me how screwed I am because of this stupid issue.
Old 02-25-2022, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 795 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by EnciK
Of course, I'm having same issue on 2017 Q7. Also of course, I'm JUST outside my warranty expiration.
Solutions I'm seeing here are:
1. Disable the warning manually using OBD eleven
2. Pay the dealer ~$5k or more to replace the entire headlight assembly
3. Live with it

Has anybody been successful with an actual REASONABLE solution to fixing this seemingly minor problem? My car's at dealer service now, so I'm nervously awaiting for them to tell me how screwed I am because of this stupid issue.
You have also 4th option. You can just replace the headlamp with a used one. There are many offers on online platforms. Read the catalog number from your headlight, enter it in the Google search engine and look for offers for the sale of such a headlight.
Old 07-12-2022, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

This error is now showing up on my 2017 Q7. Were you able to get it resolved? Apparently there is a recall but my VIN is not included? Anyone have any information on how to deal with what otherwise has been a reliable car.
Old 07-14-2022, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just took my 2017 Q7 in for the same sider marker issue. Dealer quoted over $4k to replace the fixture. I called the Audi customer advocate line and expressed my dissatisfaction with the poor engineering off this light assembly (was clear I was appreciative of my local service team) and informed them that if this is the type of engineering I can expect from Audi, this is my last Audi.

Dealer called me this morning and informed me that Audi is aware of the issues and they will "good will" replace the fixture on Audi and the Dealer (which I think shouldn't be the dealers burden) cost split 50/50.

Was informed that Audi is "looking into a repair solution".... been 5 years already, how long does it take to figure out how to drill a hole in some plastic? Anyway, my dealer is coming through and I am very appreciative of my local dealer looking out for me.

My recommendation, call the customer advocate line.

Good Luck Boys and Girls.

Quick Reply: Location of Front Side Marker Light