Location of Front Side Marker Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2023, 10:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have same issue with 2017 q7

Originally Posted by bp1203
UPDATE:
Called Audi corporate today. I have a 2017 Q7. There was a recall completed on this issue early 2017. However, it is obvious that the part was still defective-no way this should be an issue after 6 years. Send Audi a repair estimate Monday, and we'll see what corporate does. My issue is they will claim to have fixed it, but the fix clearly was still defective.
hi any updates on this? Did they fix it under recall?
Old 10-01-2023, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Hasan916
hi any updates on this? Did they fix it under recall?
They did not. I'm just going to live with the error message light on.
The following users liked this post:
Hasan916 (10-01-2023)
Old 10-01-2023, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same Issue 2017 Q7 MKII 110k km

[QUOTE=urmab501;25380512]
I was driving my 2017 Q7 and the car popped up with a message saying " Front Left side marker light defective"
It did shows a picture of the front left headlight but looking at both lights I cant tell what light it actually is. I thought it's The little yellow light on the corner but that's working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See image[/QUOTE

Having same issue vehicle under warranty will take to dealer and post result
Old 10-01-2023, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I just got the same massage on yesterday

[QUOTE=User2345;25850476]
Originally Posted by urmab501

I was driving my 2017 Q7 and the car popped up with a message saying " Front Left side marker light defective"
It did shows a picture of the front left headlight but looking at both lights I cant tell what light it actually is. I thought it's The little yellow light on the corner but that's working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See image[/QUOTE

Having same issue vehicle under warranty will take to dealer and post result
I had shutter motor changed from dealers and picked it up yesterday. And while driving home this same message popped up. They had to take bumper off to replace the shutter motor I wonder if that has to do anything with it. Will take it back and see what they say. Good luck on yours. Please keep us updated thanks
Old 10-01-2023, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

You can disable via VCDS or OBD11 the sidemarker light and the warning goes away.
Sidemarker lights is a US DOT thing - the ROW does not have them.
The following users liked this post:
Hasan916 (10-01-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the right sidemarker light error for about a year now despite the light working fine. When I was in for the last service under my CPO plan, the advisor mentioned it may be covered under my extended 3rd party platinum warranty. Sure enough, they said they would cover IF I took it to the dealer where I bought the car and warranty (Hendrick Northlake) and there was no damage to the light housing (there's not). It sounds too good to be true! Anyone else had that experience? Right now, I'm trying to negotiate valet service since it's 100 miles from my house and they did it for CPO maintenance.
Old 10-11-2023, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Clearing Fault on OBDeleven side marker light

Newb here, but I figured I post this as I had some trouble figuring out the OBDeleven. Simply clearing the fault did not work. To disable the side marker light and fault it can be done through the Apps tab on the bottom right of the IOS App. This will allow you to use the credits to clear. Seems simple, but it wasn't super intuitive to me. Longcoding was not necessary and also showed up diffeently on my App than posted above. Hopefully this will save someone some time and frustration.
Old 10-12-2023, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by retom
You can try to disable permanently the side markers:

Module 09 Central Electric.
Coding: Sidemarker_via_lcm: from "active" on "not_active"
or by binary coding: Byte 06, Bit 4 from checked on un-checked
This worked perfectly on Android. That is, click Garage, pick the Q7, then click Control Units, then Central Electric. Scroll down to find Sidemarker_via_lcm and change it to Not active.

I did not see an app to disable the side market light warnings. $60 for the pro subscription was far cheaper than replacing a light that's working perfectly.
Old 11-13-2023, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by IMissNimoy
I've had the right sidemarker light error for about a year now despite the light working fine. When I was in for the last service under my CPO plan, the advisor mentioned it may be covered under my extended 3rd party platinum warranty. Sure enough, they said they would cover IF I took it to the dealer where I bought the car and warranty (Hendrick Northlake) and there was no damage to the light housing (there's not). It sounds too good to be true! Anyone else had that experience? Right now, I'm trying to negotiate valet service since it's 100 miles from my house and they did it for CPO maintenance.
Following up on my post... Audi Northlake in Charlotte (Boris + Matt + Brad = awesome) made good on their warranty complete with valet service and Q5 loaner to my house 100 miles away from them. They replaced the headlight. Parts and labor show $4116.00 but I'm unsure of the true negotiated cost between them and their warranty company. They also covered the middle seat heaters not working (separate thread). They found a leaky control arm bushing, so they replaced both sides.
Old 11-13-2023, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Does someone have a video link via YouTube or a DIY that they can post or send to me so that I can try to do this myself? Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Location of Front Side Marker Light