Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 Noise In Rear Seat Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the exact same chirp/squeak as in the OP’s video coming from my 2nd row seats. I could replicate the noise by lowering the seatback about half way, and then pushing on the seatback side to side.
I found TSB 2060719/1 which describes the same noise. I followed the TSB and adjusted the outer locking plates for both L+R 2nd row seats, and it seems to have mostly eliminated the noise. It is a very easy DIY. Use a plastic pry tool to pop off the trim piece, loosen the two bolts, slide the locking plate back about 1-2mm, and then retighten the bolts. Only the outer locking plate needs to be adjusted per the TSB.
Old 12-13-2021, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Delman1012
I had the exact same chirp/squeak as in the OP’s video coming from my 2nd row seats. I could replicate the noise by lowering the seatback about half way, and then pushing on the seatback side to side.
I found TSB 2060719/1 which describes the same noise. I followed the TSB and adjusted the outer locking plates for both L+R 2nd row seats, and it seems to have mostly eliminated the noise. It is a very easy DIY. Use a plastic pry tool to pop off the trim piece, loosen the two bolts, slide the locking plate back about 1-2mm, and then retighten the bolts. Only the outer locking plate needs to be adjusted per the TSB.

HI DID THIS END UP WORKING? MY 2021 AUDI Q7 HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP FOR A FEW DAYS. THEY HEAR THE PROBLEM, DID THIS TSB BUT ITS STILL JINGLING...
CURIOUS TO KNOW IF YOURS WORKED...THANK YOU!
Old 12-13-2021, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

HI DID THIS END UP WORKING? MY 2021 AUDI Q7 HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP FOR A FEW DAYS. THEY HEAR THE PROBLEM, DID THIS TSB BUT ITS STILL JINGLING...
Old 12-13-2021, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Delman1012
Old 12-28-2021, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EMJ313
Yes, it worked for me. I had to adjust the locking plates a few times, but eventually found a position that has eliminated the noise.
Old 03-22-2023, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Todd Pula
Update to my previous post. Replacing the seat frame did not resolve the problem. The chirping returned within a few hundred miles.

Did you ever figure out? We are having the same issue.
Old 03-22-2023, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Katie2023
Did you ever figure out? We are having the same issue.
Had a clicking type noise coming from the 2nd row seat area. Thought it was solved after finding a few coins that my kids left under the seats, no luck. Next step was to move both front seats forward and get on the floor in front of the second row seats. Put my hands under each second row seat and traced noise to the underside of the middle seat. Feeling around inside the underside of the middle row seats i found what looked like build tickets or seat paperwork that was almost like a tyvec house wrap material. Going over any rougher road made a crinkling or clicking type sound. Removed three of these build slips and noise is gone. Be careful when feeling around inside the seat as there may be some sharp edges. Not what i was thinking would solve the noise in this 2017 prestige, but glad it is now a quiet ride again.
Old 03-23-2023, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Chirping Sound

Originally Posted by sranger941
Had a clicking type noise coming from the 2nd row seat area. Thought it was solved after finding a few coins that my kids left under the seats, no luck. Next step was to move both front seats forward and get on the floor in front of the second row seats. Put my hands under each second row seat and traced noise to the underside of the middle seat. Feeling around inside the underside of the middle row seats i found what looked like build tickets or seat paperwork that was almost like a tyvec house wrap material. Going over any rougher road made a crinkling or clicking type sound. Removed three of these build slips and noise is gone. Be careful when feeling around inside the seat as there may be some sharp edges. Not what i was thinking would solve the noise in this 2017 prestige, but glad it is now a quiet ride again.
The noise we hear is a metal chirping sound. Sounds like a cricket. They replaced the frame and the noise on the right side went away and now we have the same noise on the left side. 😩
Old 03-27-2023, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi- this bothered me for a very long time.
There is a technical service bulletin which fixes this noise. It was long process for me but its finally fixed.
TSB 2060719/1
bring it to an audi dealer.
Old 01-10-2024, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Interestingly enough my 2020 Q7 had a chirp in the rear right rear seat. There was even a TSB about readjusting the seat anchor. I did that and it didn't correct it. When the seat is folded partially down the noise goes away. So I flipped the seat forward and sure enough the right frame rail on the seat is where the source of the chirp was. Everything is tight as heck. I sprayed it with liquid wrench and made sure I got the whole latch and the rail. The noise went away!!!

Quick Reply: Q7 Noise In Rear Seat Area