Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Sequential Tails

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

even if audi introduces the dynamic turn signals for the 2020 facelift, it will be coupled with a brake light or another big light to meet that stupid US DOT code. so a lot like the current A4 and Q5. It's a half a** look because that brake light coming on full brightness just as the sequential LEDs turn on really kills the look. And it will also more than likely be red. We will find out soon enough

Honestly the way the Amber sequential LEDs light up, it's way more noticeable and eye catching from a distance than the current USA setup

Old 12-07-2023, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us
Blackline taillights sadly are not available with a red turn signal since they are Rest of World (EU) style only. If you wanted you can separate the North American turn signal and brake from blinking together with VCP (Vag Can Pro). Then you have a red turn signal, not sequential, but the brake light doesn't also blink with it.

The 2020 parts are a ways off for now. Generally with facelifts the taillight shape stays the same. So far the test mules I've seen have the same taillights production cars have now, but that can change.

Cheers,
Sorry for the 5 year old thread revival!!

I am a new (to me) owner of a 2018 Q7 and wanted to get a set of Blackline EU tail lights at some point (not now, maybe after the holidays, a lot of bills to pay). I saw the video (from the 4rings guy that's now banned) of where I could separate the brake light from the turn signal with our current NA lights, and like the look, figuring that this could hold me over for now. If I were to purchase VCP from you, are you able to share the coding steps needed to separate the break light from the turn signal? Thanks!