Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

VCDS mods on 2017 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, agreed. They do dim here in the UK too when the main headlights come on. In my old A5 I had them set to 100% all the time.

It seems we want all the same stuff we had on older Audi's, we just need to crack the code.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andyhud
Hey mate, yes we have the DRL wink here too. Easy to disable in old cars but not cracked it in the new Q7 yet. I also have the matrix headlights so it could be even another code there if you have Matrix or not.

I assume you want to enable Ambient lighting and you dont have the ambient light pack installed. Is that right?
Actually, in the US, there are two levels of standard ambient lighting packages:
- Prestige has "Ambient LED Interior Lighting Plus package (includes door insert, door inlay contour, instrument panel contour, center console contour, center console ambient controls, center console sides, and door pocket LED accents)"
- Premium Plus has "Ambient LED Interior Lighting package (includes door insert, door inlay contour, instrument panel contour and door pocket LED accents)"

The "center console ambient controls" I'm inferring is the MMI screenshot I attached from the video in this link.

On our B8/B8.5 cars, we could enable the footwell lighting via VCDS and that's what I'd like to add to my P+ Q7. (See the "footwell brightness" setting in the MMI screenshot. On P+ in the US, we only have 1 option for Ambient lighting brightness which doesn't seem to affect footwell brightness)

The colors changing is more a gimmick (I'm assuming the hardware is the same because my lights turn red when you start up the car or when you lock it) but seems would be an easy thing to turn on.

I posted the long code differences between my car and what I think is a US Prestige Q7 on the RT forum... when I have a chance, I will try the Prestige code to see if it's that simple... though on the B8/B8.5, there were tweaks needed in the Hidden Menu... =/

Last edited by asm777; 06-06-2016 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

So, I poked around a bit to see if I could figure out the DRL "wink" over the weekend. No go without a security code to access the Adaptations in module 9 (assuming that's where the coding is).

As for the footwell lighting, turns out the P+ has it enabled... it's just hidden inside the secondary menu that you access with the right side "+" button when inside the "Interior Lighting" menu.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Asm777... the DRL Wink I think is going to be a tough one. It could even be different for those cars with Standard Lights and those with Matrix.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have been able to code in the lap timer, needle sweep , sport display from the R8 with the g force meter and power/ torque % meter. I have been able to code in the color light menu but the LED's are different in the Premium Plus compared to the Prestige model so they do not work. the doors only light up red because the LED was designed too. The Prestige have RGB LED's in the interior. I have coded the sunroof too close with remote and pop open with remote shade functions with opening and closing. I have also coded the headlight LED's to dim to shut off when turn signal comes on compared to just shutting of instantly. i have not been able to fully disable the wink. Ill post pics and video soon
Old 06-20-2016, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by martin23
I have been able to code in the lap timer, needle sweep , sport display from the R8 with the g force meter and power/ torque % meter. I have been able to code in the color light menu but the LED's are different in the Premium Plus compared to the Prestige model so they do not work. the doors only light up red because the LED was designed too. The Prestige have RGB LED's in the interior. I have coded the sunroof too close with remote and pop open with remote shade functions with opening and closing. I have also coded the headlight LED's to dim to shut off when turn signal comes on compared to just shutting of instantly. i have not been able to fully disable the wink. Ill post pics and video soon
When you say sports display do you mean the Virtual Cockpit sports dials or is there an MMI screen that does this?
Old 06-20-2016, 01:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I mean sport displays in the Virtual Cockpit. I also took off the seat belt chime .
Old 06-20-2016, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by martin23
Can you share your actual coding locations and values on VCDS here?
Old 06-20-2016, 01:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Of course I can, Ill take some photos of the displays also for you too see.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Sounds like you been busy..nice work

Quick Reply: VCDS mods on 2017 Q7