RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Audi Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lunker
Does anybody who regularly uses the Navigation think that it's far inferior to the average aftermarket Navigation system on the market today? I can't stand that it is not touch screen and the routes that it comes up with are very indirect at times(I'm fairly sure I'm up to date on the nav with 026 update). Also there seems to be somewhat of a delay between where the car is located real time and what is ouputted to the screen. Not to mention how much of a pain it is to click in the address.

Has anybody retrofitted with a touch screen unit? If so what kind. Also any recommendations to improve the use of the stock navigation system? I'm a young guy and fairly tech savy but this system really bugs me.
I never had problems using them when I retrofitted it on my B6 A4 though. Routes are fine, and never had to do any u-turn.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by raptorduck
On the NAV, I guess I live a sheltered life. When comparing it to NAV's of other cars I have had (i.e. BMW's pre iDrive system, Bently, and Mercedes Command system) and with NAV's I am very familar with (Jaguar, Aston, and iDrive) I find it quite good. The GUI feature is the best of all of them (i.e. usability, features, maps etc) and the nav feature (accuracy, best route, positioning etc) is better than those except command, which never got me lost and always seemed to find the best route. So I really like it. The NAV on my wife's Q7 is a bit different and even better than that on the RS4 I think. Seems to have a few more features.

Eric. Is that a RaceDeck floor you got? How do you like it? I am debating getting that or an epoxy floor. Seem about the same price.
Yes, it is RaceDeck. I love it as it goes really well with the Gladiator cabinets etc. My garage floor has a couple cracks and some years of oil stains so I decided to go with this type of flooring. Probably comes down to exactly what look you are going for. Went down really easy and they were great to work with.

Eric.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:36 AM

I wish there was a zip code feature. On my M5 (pre i-Drive), you could start by entering a zip code and it saves you a ton of typing for the town, etc.

Also, what is the point of switching between regions? If I want to drive in NY and NJ then it's fine, if I want to go to PA then I have to switch the region, which I think is plain stupid. In BMW's Nav system you just specify US or Canada, and from then on you ddon't have to search for regions before entering a city...

Lastly, very often the NAV will give me directions to take a service road (often with stop lights!) only to put me back in the highway a mile or so later...