RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

edwardschmedward...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default edwardschmedward...

Do you think you can do a full writeup of your new software upgrade? Could you also give me a contact info email.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: edwardschmedward...

Hey...

I'm not going to do a full write-up. I don't mean to be anything other than generous, but...I have a lot of cars...and the RS4 is not one that I've driven a lot stock.

I did the same 'tune' to my last RS4, which is now owned by someone in Florida. He has posted on this forum, but I don't think he's a regular.

I do this stuff because I'm DRIVEN to...it's a passion/addiction/joy of mine. The people I meet, and help to support, are one of the payoff's...driving a well modified 'hot rod' is the other.

I have umpteen projects going on at once, and haven't counted how many cars I have in a couple of years.

The person who dyno tunes my Audi's, currently works on race cars mostly. He's one of, if not THE...best in the business. I would trust him with my life. However, I've always scoffed at voiding a warranty, especially when pushing the envelope of tunerdom!

I sold my last RS4 because I needed the money for other projects...I like the color of this one better.

After I did the downpipes, exhaust, and software (+ Stasis/Ohlins of course) on the last car, it was almost too fast for me to enjoy every day...a real Monster. I just drove this RS4 into the city to pick-up my daughter, but I did'nt open it up. I have the Magnaflow exhaust on this car, it came with it... and have installed the Milltek DP's. My last car, with the complete valved/resonated Milltek system (+DP's) seemed louder.

When Farnbacher is really dyno tuning an all wheel drive Porsche for power gains, they disconnect the front wheels/axle's. We didn't do that for the RS4. I'm not a big bragger, don't care for the dyno sheets...I just like the hot spanky bits, the finest parts, etc...

If you want the finest custom tune for your R8, RS4...any Porsche or Audi...

Here's Kip's e-mail address...

kip@farnbacherloles.com
Old 02-15-2008, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for the info. That was great.