RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

RS4 - 2ndhand is this a good buy

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 - 2ndhand is this a good buy

This is all done with google translator so excuse the basic words, was just wondering which of these are infact Original parts and which are paid for extras. everything i highlight in bold i think is standard.

im interested in this - Sport Chassis cause i know the S3s have suspension/chassis upgrade and not sure if this is a extra or just a statement of sport chassis

Anyone got any idea on these recaro sport seats, as the pictures dont show much at all - thanks to the other thread i can see the organe headlights, being a early 07 model and the interior packs do not really bother me, its all the same.

Audi Technology - i was told RS4 has some sort of sensor which lets you know exactly the air pressure in your tires? and when one goes down it alarms you so you know your tires are not quite balanced and need adjusting, can somone tell me more about this feature and what other interesting features it leads on to, weather its standard or aftermarket.

Asuming a CD charger would actually be a CD changer im guessing its 6 slot stacker with the BOSE HI-FI

since the RS4 was discontinued in 2009 i see their are very few for sale now and the websites once filled with cars is now only showing a few for sale. i know the price is somewhat roughly 75.000 euro standard. how does the price of this look?

if there is anything to look out with the RS4s and in general when buying one second hand let me know please, ill hopefully go to the next city and check this out within the next week or so, greys isnt a favourite but closest black one is 7 hours away.

with a grey range rover and discovery i been acustomed to looking for black and ending up with grey

Fuel: Gasoline
Fiscal power:
Model Year: 2007
Mileage: 24900
Date circ. : 17/01/2007
Color: DAYTONA GRAY
File: 698
Price: 49 900.00 EUR
ABS, ESP, automatic climate control, central locking, black leather interior, alloy wheels in 18 inch, Navigation system with DVD widescreen Europe, Heated seats, electric sunroof, electric Retro, Electric windows, Xenon headlights, headlight washer, Steering Wheel Leather, fog lights, cruise control, 8 airbags, Parking sensors, front and rear, radio with CD charger, phone preparation, multifunction steering wheel, Alarm, Trip Computer, kevlar Recaro sports seats, quattro system, BOSE System, Chassis sport

Old 10-09-2009, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

a little somthing about driver history

Subaru WRX impreza 230 hp 06
Range Rover Vogue 03
Audi A4 2.0 TDI 06
Land Rover Discovery 3 08

since my big subaru crash early 07 i havnt owned a nice fast car this is my return
Old 10-09-2009, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Since this is a European model not sure of all the std equipment there.

Looks like the car has winter 18" wheels and tires - those are not the OEM 19" ones.

Things to look out for:
Carbon build up on valves
DRC (shocks) leaking
Brakes (rotors can wear down under US 20K miles
Old 10-09-2009, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

6 disc Cd changer is in the glove compartment.

Tire sensor is called TPMS (Tire pressure monitoring system)
If one of the tires loses air pressure below certain level it warns the driver. It works wuite well. I have had 3 cars with it and it does what it is supposed to do. Remember it is a slow leak sensor. It will alert if you have a flat but it may be too late. But if you have a screw or nail and leaking slow it can save the day.

Can you have a PPI inspection done? (Pre-Purchase-Inspection)

Verify the consition of the struts. the RS has a complicated linked suspension that can be a problem with leaking. They are called DRC. Look all ever this forum they have pics what a leaking system will be like.
In the US people have a hard time persuating Audi to fix them under warranty.

Also the other thing is carbon deposits in the intake and valves. Since the engine is FSI no atomized fuel vapor gets injected so carbon deposits can form prety fast. It affects some cars less some cars more...

Other than that I have not heard much of other major problems.

Interesting it has 18 inch wheels as in the US the car came standard with 19 inchers. People have fitted 18's for winter/track uses.

Price wise is different pricing in the US vs. EU. so I am not sure it is relevant.

Cat is a amazing vehicle and brings smiles every time I drive it.

Cheers

Nick
Old 10-09-2009, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Reggie
Since this is a European model not sure of all the std equipment there.

Looks like the car has winter 18" wheels and tires - those are not the OEM 19" ones.

Things to look out for:
Carbon build up on valves
DRC (shocks) leaking
Brakes (rotors can wear down under US 20K miles
thankyou

25k is in KM so its about 16K miles
wasnt sure what the OEM size was for the wheels, but thats good to know. asuming car preformances best on 19inchs when its not winter?

the shocks and valve is somthing easy to spot or not really without pulling the car apart?
Old 10-09-2009, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by titsataki
6 disc Cd changer is in the glove compartment.

Tire sensor is called TPMS (Tire pressure monitoring system)
If one of the tires loses air pressure below certain level it warns the driver.

Can you have a PPI inspection done? (Pre-Purchase-Inspection)

Verify the consition of the struts. the RS has a complicated linked suspension that can be a problem with leaking. They are called DRC. Look all ever this forum they have pics what a leaking system will be like.
In the US people have a hard time persuating Audi to fix them under warranty.

Also the other thing is carbon deposits in the intake and valves. Since the engine is FSI no atomized fuel vapor gets injected so carbon deposits can form prety fast. It affects some cars less some cars more...

Interesting it has 18 inch wheels as in the US the car came standard with 19 inchers. People have fitted 18's for winter/track uses.

Cheers

Nick
cheers for the help nick

i would most likely get a professional to check out the car, but its at one of those dealerships that handels preformance cars so im sure they keep it in conidition.

tire pressure system sounds great, and i think suspension/engine should be fine with the right precautions

seams i have quite some research to do now, 18 for winter/track, could this be american market is 19 is better then 18 for OEM?

i live in the mountains so im guessing the 18s are designed for back and forth continous change of direction faster rotating, as the 19s favours higher speed stability, if im off the right track let me know please!!

last little thing - i see the spy photos of the RS5 and i was told last year the RS5 would be here in 2009 so 2010 looks like it could happen. would the RS4 depreciate normally and still have decent trade in value towards a future RS5 or is it, old discontinued model, give the client as little cash as they can?

also being in europe audi is alot better obviously and more common, we have great stores and mangement i hope

JB
Old 10-09-2009, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie
Those are the standard OEM 18" wheels. Nineteens were optional in the ROW.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...33&postcount=7

Winter 18" wheels are another 0.5" narrower as compared to the above.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

They were the optional wheels in the US (special order)
Old 10-10-2009, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Viken B.
Those are the standard OEM 18" wheels. Nineteens were optional in the ROW.
The 19s were standard in other parts of the world such as Australia.