S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Followup on NAV Issue from last week..

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Followup on NAV Issue from last week..

I posted this inside of the original thread I started asking if anyone knew why the German europe NAV disc wont work in A US Spec car. Sorry about the repost I just thought some of you might be interested and it was kinda hidden below. Well i finally got the answer why and here it is...

After a couple phone calls to Audi of America about this problem I was put in contact with the company who actualy produces the discs and software for the Audi nav systems. They told me that the only nav discs that are available for american spec cars are for north america. I for one find this fact incredible considering how poorly this makes audi look to american owners who dont live in the states.

I know most of you dont have this problem, but for persons who are in the military or who have their car outside of the united states audi provides pretty much 0 support except for warranty issues. The supposedly free services that Audi says come for 4 years of 50,000 miles for american spec cars isnt entirely true. This can only be done at service centers in the united states. I could drive down to ingolstadt an hour away and still not get the free service that they advertize for the car I bought.

I am very very very happy with my car but the level of service that audi is providing is very inferior to that of BMW or Mercedes even when it comes to military sales and the support of owners who have their cars outside of the united states. Sorry if I rambled with this.. im just pretty upset with them right now. There is also probably a crapload of misspellings in here but im too tired to fix them now

Mike