S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Decision, Exclusive color or not

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by helix139
Honestly I don't think it would be 6 months.
Yea, I dont know why they are telling me 6 months but I have also heard that from other sources as well.

I guess my issue is that my current car is on its last breath and I am trying to hold out until I get my new car. I really dont have any interest in putting money in a car that I am going to turn around and get rid of. As of right now, my new car is scheduled to arrive in Oct.

Here are some more pics of EBC w Ti package that I think are a good comparison:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...storil-Blue-S4
Old 08-10-2012, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Helix, thank you for posting the pictures of your S4. IMO, beautiful car and color!

I had been seriously considering a MY13 M3 coupe. My first color choice was Interlagos Blue. Second being LeMans. As stated in a post on AZ, this is the nice match between the two.

I am leaning toward the Panda interior as I've had all black for, well, a long time in multiple vehicles. My only concern is the the potential of extra cleaning as I'll be putting my two dogs (Golden Retrievers) in the car from time-to-time.

Now I need to find a good source for the 19" Ti rims. To me, it is a much better match vs. the peelers.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NHman
So I will be ordering a new S5 (yes I know this is the S4 forum) and of course one of the toughest decisions is color. I was going to go with the ECB but the Sepang Blue has caught my attention. I know it's an individual choice but I wish that I could see one in person. The question, has anybody gone through the debate of whether spending the $2.5k for an exclusive color is worth it?

On average, how much time is added to the delivery by going with an exclusive color?

Comparing the ECB to Sepang, it's "only" a $1.5k adder.

I have had the safe colors of black, white and gray and want something a bit different.
Where are you located? I have a Sepang S4 here in Washington that I would gladly show you.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Helix, thank you for posting the pictures of your S4. IMO, beautiful car and color!

I had been seriously considering a MY13 M3 coupe. My first color choice was Interlagos Blue. Second being LeMans. As stated in a post on AZ, this is the nice match between the two.

I am leaning toward the Panda interior as I've had all black for, well, a long time in multiple vehicles. My only concern is the the potential of extra cleaning as I'll be putting my two dogs (Golden Retrievers) in the car from time-to-time.

Now I need to find a good source for the 19" Ti rims. To me, it is a much better match vs. the peelers.
I don't carry dogs in my car, but I know there are several options for seat covers. That would save any extra cleaning on the Panda leather. As far as the rims, Hartmann makes reps, or if you want a lightweight forged version, go on AZ and do a search for the RSQ. You'll pay for them, though, as they run $5k per set
Old 08-10-2012, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by imolar
Where are you located? I have a Sepang S4 here in Washington that I would gladly show you.
Regrettably, I am not near your area. Rather I live in the New England area. Thanks for the offer. I believe I will commit to this color. I want a blue car and this color is really catching my eye.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I don't carry dogs in my car, but I know there are several options for seat covers. That would save any extra cleaning on the Panda leather. As far as the rims, Hartmann makes reps, or if you want a lightweight forged version, go on AZ and do a search for the RSQ. You'll pay for them, though, as they run $5k per set
More than likely I'll look at the Hartmann products. Somewhat crazy enough paying $2.5k for paint. If I was going to put in another $5k, just skip both and order an RS5 (with Sepang).

As configured w/ Sepang my buy price would be around $58-59k.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Flipflops365
Nice! Imola Yellow is a great color. I ordered Suzuka Gray. My order didn't seem all that delayed, I wonder if it's because the color is currently offered on the TTRS.
I also ordered Imola! I made my deposit in April, but the order didn't squeeze into the production bank until a couple weeks ago. Buying the car from a buddy, he is moving it along as quickly as he can. Originally estimated to arrive in September/October, now that its in the system it look like ETA is 12/24/12. Hope it has one of those giant bows on it .
Old 08-13-2012, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I found some additional pictures of a Sepang Blue S5 on another website with the Panda interior. With the Ti rims, this confirms my color selection. Now the (long) 7-8 month wait begins....

S5 Sepang reference
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/s5-genera...-s5-coupe.html

I need to workout a few options but the basic configuration will be as follows;

S5 Premium Plus
DSG/S-tronic
Fine Leather in panda
Nav
Advanced Key
B&O
Carbon inlays
18" rims/summer tires
Sepang blue

The 18" rims will be used as my winter set. I plan on buying the 19" Ti rims for warm weather use.

Unsure weather ADS is worth it. But I have time to decide.

I was back-n-forth on S4 vs. S5 but the styling of the S5 is winning me over. Plus I have access to a Crossover vehicle should I need it.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found some additional pictures of a Sepang Blue S5 on another website with the Panda interior. With the Ti rims, this confirms my color selection. Now the (long) 7-8 month wait begins....

S5 Sepang reference
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/s5-genera...-s5-coupe.html

I need to workout a few options but the basic configuration will be as follows;

S5 Premium Plus
DSG/S-tronic
Fine Leather in panda
Nav
Advanced Key
B&O
Carbon inlays
18" rims/summer tires
Sepang blue

The 18" rims will be used as my winter set. I plan on buying the 19" Ti rims for warm weather use.

Unsure weather ADS is worth it. But I have time to decide.

I was back-n-forth on S4 vs. S5 but the styling of the S5 is winning me over. Plus I have access to a Crossover vehicle should I need it.
Get the sport differential. It is THE defining feature on this car, and since you're going S-tronic it also gives you the crown gear center differential and drive select controls for the differential, throttle, steering firmness, and transmission shifting aggressiveness.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Get the sport differential. It is THE defining feature on this car, and since you're going S-tronic it also gives you the crown gear center differential and drive select controls for the differential, throttle, steering firmness, and transmission shifting aggressiveness.
helix, good point and yes it was on my list. I just forgot to put it in the post.

I debated side assist and moving headlights but I don't feel it's worth the $1400 adder.

Quick Reply: Decision, Exclusive color or not