S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Just ordered a 2013 S4!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a phantom black /black silver 2010 S4 its a fantastic colour combination it will need more attention to clean but will get more attention from admirers,just keep it well protected with decent products and the results will be stunning.
Attached Images    
Old 05-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats on the order!!

I'll be ordering mine over the next few days and am also hoping for July delivery! Keep in mind, though, I am in Toronto, so it is unlikely, but there's no problem in hoping!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DrGP
The biggest difference for you will be how much more attention the black car will need to keep clean VS your current S4. I saw a black a5 the other day, and had to mentally remind myself, "Do not buy another black car". 5 are enough. But they do look great for about 15 minutes after they are washed.
Thx Dr! I realize black will be more work, as will the silver (err, light gray, almost white) leather, but I think I'm up to the challenge. Sounds like you're speaking from experience with 5 black cars...this'll be my first.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by blackphantom
I've got a phantom black /black silver 2010 S4 its a fantastic colour combination it will need more attention to clean but will get more attention from admirers,just keep it well protected with decent products and the results will be stunning.
Thanks blackphantom! Appreciate the advice and especially the vote of confidence...kinda what I was hoping to hear on the color choice. While I love my current color combo, and appreciate how it doesn't stand out, I think I'm looking to stand out a bit more these days, and this combo should do the trick. Will definitely invest in solid car care prods.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by amit1986
Congrats on the order!!

I'll be ordering mine over the next few days and am also hoping for July delivery! Keep in mind, though, I am in Toronto, so it is unlikely, but there's no problem in hoping!
Thanks Amit. For a brand new order placed this week, I'm told July would be unlikely. Keep in mind, my only hope of a July delivery is based on my car having entered the Audi system weeks ago. I simply put a deposit down on a previously ordered car. Next week, I can ask my dealer when they initially ordered it and follow up to help set your expectations. Keep us posted on your order and its details. Congrats in advance!
Old 05-11-2012, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tech_KO
I too opted to skip the Driver Assist Package on my 2013 Order. I really wanted the Dynamic Steering but not at the expense of total control. My car won't be a commuter car so ACC had no value. Stop and Go is cool, but I never want any type of system that can intervene like that. Plus with a manual I'm not sure how it could ever be as effective as on a automatic.

I'm really bummed about the lack of Ti Package as well. But that's how it goes I guess. . . .
Thanks, and makes sense to me. Is dynamic steering a desirable option though? I've heard that there are pros and cons to it, but I'm not claiming to be an expert, and I don't know how Audi's version stacks up against others. I tend to prefer heavier steering, even at lower speeds, and I definitely don't want to give up the feel of the road or numb the feel.

Now if we could just find a way to add the 5-arm-rotor-design wheels...
Old 05-14-2012, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrGP
The biggest difference for you will be how much more attention the black car will need to keep clean VS your current S4. I saw a black a5 the other day, and had to mentally remind myself, "Do not buy another black car". 5 are enough. But they do look great for about 15 minutes after they are washed.
As another doc, I agree with DrGP. I've had half a dozen black/navy & white cars. They were a major pain. The Meteor Gray/dark gray interior I have now has been the easiest of all my cars to keep clean! Even better, no traffic tickets at all with this car & I drive it pretty aggressively!

But, for a change of pace - I'm thinking a blue or red exterior for my 2014 S4 - 12 to 18 months from now.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

May someone confirm if this ORDER GUIDE is accurate?
Old 05-14-2012, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sendmeone
May someone confirm if this ORDER GUIDE is accurate?
Can't confirm the accuracy (only Audi can do that, and even they have placed a disclaimer on it). That said, this guide appears to be identical to the one that my dealer gave me, and upon which my order was based.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Smith837
Can't confirm the accuracy (only Audi can do that, and even they have placed a disclaimer on it). That said, this guide appears to be identical to the one that my dealer gave me, and upon which my order was based.
Thank you!

Quick Reply: Just ordered a 2013 S4!