S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Just ordered a 2013 S4!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 2012 in Phantom Black--it has not been too bad to take care of and keep shinny.

I have been using Turtle Wax Ice Car Shampoo and the Turtle Wax Ice Polish. The product goes on quick and comes off easy--leaves 0 residue. I do the polish every few weeks (3-4) and it has held up well.

Get lots of compliments.

I looked at the Turtle Wax "Black Box"...I might try that when I have lots of time.

However, when I wash and wax I need to get done in under 2 hours ( my weekends are pretty full (married with teen son into sports)
Old 05-14-2012, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by drrick89
As another doc, I agree with DrGP. I've had half a dozen black/navy & white cars. They were a major pain. The Meteor Gray/dark gray interior I have now has been the easiest of all my cars to keep clean! Even better, no traffic tickets at all with this car & I drive it pretty aggressively!

But, for a change of pace - I'm thinking a blue or red exterior for my 2014 S4 - 12 to 18 months from now.
Appreciate the prescription from you Dr's to avoid the black. While I don't want to disappoint or come across as 'non-compliant,' I too am looking for a change of pace. Have had as many silver cars as you've had black ones, and have never owned a black car. While I don't expect ANY color to be as easy to maintain as silver -- and realize black is the other extreme -- gray just seems a little too in the middle for me, and too close to silver, to feel that much different. Certainly have a few reservations about Phantom because I'm used to a forgiving color, but also think it will be a clear/decisive change for me. If they had offered Lava Gray for 2013 (not in the U.S. order guide), I'd have considered that!

PS: Just switched from Carbon Atlas to SS Mesh (want that piano black instrument panel surround!).

Last edited by Smith837; 05-14-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

i ended up getting monsoon gray. my first choice was estoril blue, but i would have had to wait until late july/august for it, and my dealer is getting a monsoon gray with otherwise the exact same configuration in june.

black is too cliche, i think it looks dirty easily and it also tends to look cheap and plastic-y sometimes. estoril blue is my first choice, but i think ibis white looks really good too.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Order guide posted is inaccurate. The fact that there are 5 different fonts may have been an indication....Also, how do you have a July delivery when I don't have a single MY'13 of any model due before then? Just interested to know.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

dealers are getting pre-configured models as early as end of this month. i found one that just happened to be configured the way i want it, except in a different color.

a lot of dealers have july deliveries on the books

i guess your dealership is just behind schedule :shrug:
Old 05-14-2012, 10:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You may be right. I'll pull the list of all MY'13's tomorrow and maybe you'll prove me wrong.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CLTNCS4
Order guide posted is inaccurate. The fact that there are 5 different fonts may have been an indication....Also, how do you have a July delivery when I don't have a single MY'13 of any model due before then? Just interested to know.
Again, it looks exactly like the order guide my dealer gave me, including the fonts. Re: delivery timing, just going by what my dealer is telling me and showing in their system. Don't know if the car will come in July -- they said there's a shot -- but could also arrive early or maybe even mid-August.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm sure yours will show as a sold order already in production.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CLTNCS4
You may be right. I'll pull the list of all MY'13's tomorrow and maybe you'll prove me wrong.
steve white audi in south carolina will have 3 on the lot by end of this month

look i'm glad you took a dealership job, but your charlotte dealership is not the center of the world nor does it dictate what happens with audi across america. based on your last few posts i'd like to throw in a word of caution against sounding a little too mr-know-it-all about everything.

Last edited by waffles; 05-14-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm really not trying to sound rude, honestly. I'm just wondering why I still have MY'12's on boats and at port in Brunswick and MY'13's are being delivered to other dealerships.

Quick Reply: Just ordered a 2013 S4!