S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

S4 vs C4S

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not hard to believe that an S4 could beat an 06 C4S off the line at all. Pretty even cars, comes down to the driver. Bottom line: S4 is very impressive for a car pushing 4000 lbs..

Last edited by 997C2S; 06-10-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shall we dance?

Non-turbo Porsches are fairly easy to dance with. In the 5 months I've owned my S4, I've had to fend off several Porsche 911 Turbos, a Ferrari F430 Spider, and a Dodge Viper.

I can't dance with Porsche Turbos and Vipers. They crush me. But, the most recent dance with a 490 hp Ferrari F430 Spider was a bit closer. I chased the Ferrari to a stop light. I was right behind him when the light turned green and no one was in front of him. When the light turned, I stayed on his butt till 65 mph, then he creamed me. The Ferrari gets to 60 under 4 seconds, but I was right on him. I think quattro and S-Tronic helps.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Quattro is king off the line...

No need to get the wheelspin just right, this car just digs in and goes.

Even in a recent run between the RS5 and an Avant S4 (maybe posted here), the RS5 had a tough time shaking it until speeds went far beyond any daily driver scenario.

drrick89...you are not easily intimidated!

Last edited by adbender; 06-10-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was seriously considering ordering an S4 in April. I have an A4 currently and love it, especially in the winter. I took the S4 for a test drive and really liked it. The S-Tronic was excellent and the fit and finish is second to none.

I never even considered a Porsche my entire life and had never driven one. However, there is a dealership literally 3 blocks from where I live. So I asked a friend of mine to come for a test drive with me. I took out a 2010 C4S for 45 mins. I can tell you without a doubt there is no comparison between the two cars. Yes they serve different purposes. However, there is no argument that the Porsche is magnificent to drive. It's got pin-sharp handling, a wonderful exhaust note and is so much tighter then the Audi. The only thing I didn't like was the rather dated interior of the C4S.

So finally, I ended up ordering a 2011 C4S instead of the S4. I'm keeping my A4 and will always go to Audi before BMW or MB but the Porsche is my new baby when I want a 'spirited' fun drive.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kkapoor
I was seriously considering ordering an S4 in April. I have an A4 currently and love it, especially in the winter. I took the S4 for a test drive and really liked it. The S-Tronic was excellent and the fit and finish is second to none.

I never even considered a Porsche my entire life and had never driven one. However, there is a dealership literally 3 blocks from where I live. So I asked a friend of mine to come for a test drive with me. I took out a 2010 C4S for 45 mins. I can tell you without a doubt there is no comparison between the two cars. Yes they serve different purposes. However, there is no argument that the Porsche is magnificent to drive. It's got pin-sharp handling, a wonderful exhaust note and is so much tighter then the Audi. The only thing I didn't like was the rather dated interior of the C4S.

So finally, I ended up ordering a 2011 C4S instead of the S4. I'm keeping my A4 and will always go to Audi before BMW or MB but the Porsche is my new baby when I want a 'spirited' fun drive.
Congratulations...I love the C4S! But man you are all over the place price wise? I guess you couldn't wait for the RS5? Either way I'm sure you will love driving the C4S.

Cheers
Old 06-11-2010, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by kkapoor

Congrats on the C4S but that has nothing to do with the OP and/or this thread. He was talking about a simple 0-XXX mph sprint. Lets not go off on some tangent and turn this thread into something else.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NickS
Congrats on the C4S but that has nothing to do with the OP and/or this thread. He was talking about a simple 0-XXX mph sprint. Lets not go off on some tangent and turn this thread into something else.
Yeah, let's keep this thread on topic. There's so many posts on this forum that the threads may spiral out of control without some rules around here.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by PhilH
Yeah, let's keep this thread on topic. There's so many posts on this forum that the threads may spiral out of control without some rules around here.
hehe
Old 06-11-2010, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Whatever drugs you are taking, I want them. ALL of those cars would crush you like you are standing still if they actually tried. LOL, this post makes me laugh. Apparently people think they are behind the wheel of an Enzo when they get behind the wheel of an S4.

Originally Posted by drrick89
Non-turbo Porsches are fairly easy to dance with. In the 5 months I've owned my S4, I've had to fend off several Porsche 911 Turbos, a Ferrari F430 Spider, and a Dodge Viper.

I can't dance with Porsche Turbos and Vipers. They crush me. But, the most recent dance with a 490 hp Ferrari F430 Spider was a bit closer. I chased the Ferrari to a stop light. I was right behind him when the light turned green and no one was in front of him. When the light turned, I stayed on his butt till 65 mph, then he creamed me. The Ferrari gets to 60 under 4 seconds, but I was right on him. I think quattro and S-Tronic helps.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

*grabs popcorn*

Quick Reply: S4 vs C4S