S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Titanium or no?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 05:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Titanium or no?

Guys - I'm getting close. I have an opportunity to get a great deal on a new 2011 S4 Prestige, Titanium, Meteor Gray with black Nappa and RD. I think it looks great - the combo - but I wanted to get others thoughts.

In my area, the election is pretty decent right now. There are a few options to get a loaded PP (with 19" wheels, Nav, B&O, RD), but I've been leaning towards this Titanium option and wanted to solicit opinions. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Trip4VU
Guys - I'm getting close. I have an opportunity to get a great deal on a new 2011 S4 Prestige, Titanium, Meteor Gray with black Nappa and RD. I think it looks great - the combo - but I wanted to get others thoughts.

In my area, the election is pretty decent right now. There are a few options to get a loaded PP (with 19" wheels, Nav, B&O, RD), but I've been leaning towards this Titanium option and wanted to solicit opinions. Thanks.
I ultimately decided to not go with the titanium package partially because I didn't want to pay $1000 for it and I might like the chrome around the car. I don't think I'm going to try to go for a blacked out look on the S4.

Edit:

The only thing I was worried about not getting in the titanium package was Audi's description of the black headliner and supportive S4 seats. I'm not sure what performance enhancements it could offer though.

Description directly from Audi:

Titanium Sport Package
Inspired by the Audi motorsport legacy, this package includes a number of aesthetic and performance enhancements. Exterior elements include black window trim, titanium-finish wheels and the iconic black Singleframe® grille. Inside, the Titanium Sport Package carries the performance look with a black headliner and supportive S4 sport seats.

Last edited by Iono; 01-14-2011 at 05:42 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

If this is what you're looking at, get it. Not mine it is posted on AZ.
Attached Images  
Old 01-14-2011, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Iono
I ultimately decided to not go with the titanium package partially because I didn't want to pay $1000 for it and I might like the chrome around the car. I don't think I'm going to try to go for a blacked out look on the S4.

Edit:

The only thing I was worried about not getting in the titanium package was Audi's description of the black headliner and supportive S4 seats. I'm not sure what performance enhancements it could offer though.

I thought the titanium package was a bit confusing too and had no idea what they meant by supportive S4 seats. But I didnt want the titanium wheels for sure. I think the tri spoke wheels are much nicer. Only the black grill enticed me with the titanium pkg because I dont like the gray grills on the S4's but you can get the black grill with the S4 badge and all for $450 at ECS
Old 01-14-2011, 05:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

nfs - That car looks amazing and it looks to be the Meteor gray as well. Thanks for that. What is "AZ"?

I am torn on the wheels as well, but it look awesome in that shot.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Meteor Ti looks awesome.

Just to clear up the confusion, Ti includes the wheels, window trim, black grille, and foglight trim. No piano black inlays and the black headliner and S4 seats are already standard.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm not a fan of gunmetal-colored wheels, but if you are the Ti package is the way to go. (I do plan to go with the similar style hypersilver Hartmann's for Winter use http://shop.achtuning.com/hartmann-h...olkswagen.aspx)

AZ = AudiZine.com

nfs - That car looks amazing and it looks to be the Meteor gray as well. Thanks for that. What is "AZ"?

I am torn on the wheels as well, but it look awesome in that shot.

Last edited by Huey52; 01-14-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by helix139
Meteor Ti looks awesome.

Just to clear up the confusion, Ti includes the wheels, window trim, black grille, and foglight trim. No piano black inlays and the black headliner and S4 seats are already standard.
That is what I thought, and exactly why I didn't need the Ti package. Plus, I love the 18 over the Ti and tri-spoke wheels.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Having had the Audi 19's for 6 weeks and now some 18" Ti knockoffs for 6 weeks, I have to mention that the Ti's are a million times easier to keep clean. They generally hide some of the brake dust...which starts to build up 10 minutes after you wash your car. They are also more open with less crevices so are much easier to quickly and completely clean.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, get the Ti package on a meteor gray car. The pic above is all you need to look at! I ordered mine on an Ibis white and I think it looks great - but it also looks fantastic on some of the darker colors, including meteor, as well.

Have you seen the Ti wheels in person or just in photos? In my opinion they look even better in person than they do in photos. And, as posted above, the Ti wheels are much easier to keep clean than the tri-spokes. Plus, gotta love the Ti grill!

Quick Reply: Titanium or no?