S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Titanium or no?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

IMO.... Ti looks good with Ibis, Imola, Sprint, and Meteor.... Not so much with the rest of the colors.... Again, JMO.....
Old 01-14-2011, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was unsure too when i had to make my decision. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, afterall you will be driving this car for years and not anyone else here. Look up some photos or go see the real car in person at a dealer and make the decision that way.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tofuking
I was unsure too when i had to make my decision. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, afterall you will be driving this car for years and not anyone else here. Look up some photos or go see the real car in person at a dealer and make the decision that way.
I agree. And IMO, Seeing the car in person is best. I had AUDI locate 4 dealers for me in my area that has an S4 or S5 with all the interior trim possibilites. some of them were red/black magma seats too which helped the most in making a decision
Old 01-14-2011, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Trip4VU
nfs - That car looks amazing and it looks to be the Meteor gray as well. Thanks for that. What is "AZ"?

I am torn on the wheels as well, but it look awesome in that shot.
AZ is Audizine, another Audi forum.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Outstanding Combo I would be very temped to go with this if I had to go around again
Old 01-14-2011, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by zooomart
Outstanding Combo I would be very temped to go with this if I had to go around again
I'm glad I went with the Ti package, and agree that the Ti wheels would be easy to clean. I have only cleaned mine once -- the day after I took delivery, when I took them off and put the winter wheels on. The 18" BBS RGRs that are on now are much harder to clean, but I am seriously considering them for summer wheels now. I'm thinking that OEM 19" Ti wheels and Pirelli PZero Rosso's with only 100 miles on them should be fairly easy to sell (if I ever get around to putting them on the classifieds).

Meantime, we're enjoying our S4 and looking forward to summer, or even spring, when we can give it a wash and have it stay clean for more than a day!

With the Ti's at delivery:

With the RGRs and Pilot Alpin P3s:

Last edited by GUEST123; 01-14-2011 at 06:16 PM. Reason: fix links
Old 01-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I bought the Titanium!!!!

So I took the occssaion on MLK Day to make the move. I purchased a 2011 Prestige, Meteor Gray, Ti, RD, Black Nappa, window shades.

I think I got a very fair deal and absolutely love the car. I test drove a non Ti over the weekend, then went back to the Ti and realized that was the one for me.

Thanks for all of the advice and I will share photos as soon as the weather here in the DC area wil allow me to take some great shots.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Trip4VU
So I took the occssaion on MLK Day to make the move. I purchased a 2011 Prestige, Meteor Gray, Ti, RD, Black Nappa, window shades.

I think I got a very fair deal and absolutely love the car. I test drove a non Ti over the weekend, then went back to the Ti and realized that was the one for me.

Thanks for all of the advice and I will share photos as soon as the weather here in the DC area wil allow me to take some great shots.
Congrats on the purchase. I wish they had the titanium package when I purchase mine. I'm curious though - why did test driving it make a difference?
Old 01-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

"Congrats on the purchase. I wish they had the titanium package when I purchase mine. I'm curious though - why did test driving it make a difference?"

Just to clarify. I was weighing the Ti Prestige package with a loaded PP (non Ti). I wanted to make sure the Ti was for me. The test drive was to really get a better look and feel for a standard looking S4 (tri-spoke, 19", t Ti). Love them both, but the Ti package on Meteor Gray looked better to me and worth the extra $2,000 I had to pay.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

When you guys get the Titanium Package are you guys planning on getting new tires for your winter tires? When I asked about the Titanium Package with a Dealer he said "you know they don't have any traction when its wet" and they told me to look at a car they had in stock... obviously this is a ploy for them to get what they have in stock out but I was just curious as to how many of you are going to get winter tires in addition to ur TI Package and if they are really needed?

I'm located in NY so it does snow here during the winter and roads do get icey.

Quick Reply: Titanium or no?