S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Titanium or no?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turk24
When you guys get the Titanium Package are you guys planning on getting new tires for your winter tires? When I asked about the Titanium Package with a Dealer he said "you know they don't have any traction when its wet" and they told me to look at a car they had in stock... obviously this is a ploy for them to get what they have in stock out but I was just curious as to how many of you are going to get winter tires in addition to ur TI Package and if they are really needed?

I'm located in NY so it does snow here during the winter and roads do get icey.
Yes you'll need to switch out the tires for the snow/ice. S4's are stock with high performance summer tires so you'll need to upgrade to dedicated winter (recommended) or at least all season tires.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Turk24
When you guys get the Titanium Package are you guys planning on getting new tires for your winter tires? When I asked about the Titanium Package with a Dealer he said "you know they don't have any traction when its wet" and they told me to look at a car they had in stock... obviously this is a ploy for them to get what they have in stock out but I was just curious as to how many of you are going to get winter tires in addition to ur TI Package and if they are really needed?

I'm located in NY so it does snow here during the winter and roads do get icey.
What's the logic behind the Dealer's statement?

Is there something special about the Ti tires as opposed to normal 19's?

Also, in my experience, summer tires are -much- better in the rain than snow tires. My Blizzaks got about the same traction if it was snowing or just wet pavement... and that's not a compliment.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Trip4VU
So I took the occssaion on MLK Day to make the move. I purchased a 2011 Prestige, Meteor Gray, Ti, RD, Black Nappa, window shades.

I think I got a very fair deal and absolutely love the car. I test drove a non Ti over the weekend, then went back to the Ti and realized that was the one for me.

Thanks for all of the advice and I will share photos as soon as the weather here in the DC area wil allow me to take some great shots.
Congrats! who's your dealer?

Would love to see some pics.