S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Upgrade from premium+ to prestige....worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 11:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade from premium+ to prestige....worth it?

Probably largely a personal preference for creature comforts, but curious if anyone is in the boat as me wanting to potentially upgrade. 2010s are holding value pretty well, but in talking to local dealers, I'll probably have to shell out another $10k for the upgrade. Doesn't seem worth it, but wondering if anyone out there has some different perspective.

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2010, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you already have a BO an a NAV, I wouldnt think its worth it. If not, well, the NAV alone changes the car. The BO system is one of the best out there. Only my mark Lev in my lexus is better. The BMW 7 logic system and sme of the Bose systems out there dont even come clsoe to the BO IMO

Also, you dont need a prestige. The NAV and BO is about $3K. Spend another $1000 for the sports rear diff package if you dont have that and you are still thousands under a prestige

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 12-12-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:37 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do miss not having the memory seats and the key less ignition. But that's not enough of an incentive for me to get the entire Prestige package. I was trying to keep my lease payment in the LOW $700s. I would not be able to do that with a Prestige. But if I didn't have a budget, I would have gotten the Prestige. If you want it and are willing to pay for it, then go for it. I can't see how it would be financially a good deal. BTW, I really happy with my lightly loaded Prem+
Old 12-12-2010, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Was not worth the price difference for me. Happy with my Premium Plus, which was ordered with exactly what I wanted, so I didn't need to pay for something I didn't really want.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thx guys. I have a p+ with nav camera and sport diff. My wife and I share this car so memory seats would be so nice. Plus the smart key and b&o would be awesome too. The one I'm looking at also has the alcantera inserts and the titanium package, plus won't have to wait for the water pump to go bad :-)

Still 10k is a whole lot of money. Just wish they had a prestige when I bought before. The it would have only been a 4-5k premium.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Like you say, it's all about creature comforts. My S4 is my only car and daily driver so the little things matter to me. Memory seats and mirrors is handy for when the car wash and service peeps change them. I've gotten so used to keyless go in my previous cars that I find it very convenient. Never have to reach down into my pockets to open and start a car. All that gadgetry however does not help the resale value and only make you realize the depreciation more. These type of options do not carry much weight in resale calculations. 3-4 years from now when you punch in a prestige and premium + on KBB, it will probably come out to be the same.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by sf_loft
Like you say, it's all about creature comforts. My S4 is my only car and daily driver so the little things matter to me. Memory seats and mirrors is handy for when the car wash and service peeps change them. I've gotten so used to keyless go in my previous cars that I find it very convenient. Never have to reach down into my pockets to open and start a car. All that gadgetry however does not help the resale value and only make you realize the depreciation more. These type of options do not carry much weight in resale calculations. 3-4 years from now when you punch in a prestige and premium + on KBB, it will probably come out to be the same.
Great point. In fact, if you lease the residual percentage on the Prestige is actually less than the Premium +