S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Water pump blew up.....want my free audicare.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amazing

A friend of mine has a S4 and had the same thing happen to him - apparently he does not know this is a known problem as the dealer made him pay $75 towards a rental car since he needed a car ON THE WEEKEND. Has totally soured their Audi experience. I think I'm going to forward him this thread.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
It never hurts to ask. You would be surprsied what you might get if you ask. Then, if you dont get it, ask someone else. Eventually you will get the right person is my experience.

AUDI especially seems to be very good at making their customers happy these days.
I just got a months car payment offered to me as compensation from Audi. I was called by them after completing the online service survey after water pump was replaced 3 weeks ago. I truly wasn't looking for anything since I was fortunate that the pump was found to be leaking while in for the break squeal issue. I just wanted to express my concern in regards to what could have been. I told the rep that I love driving Audi's, this being my third but that I was losing confidence in the brand. I told her about living through the coil pack issue on my B6 A4 and the exhaust lift issue my B7 A4 had (which I ended up getting a months lease payment for). Despite all the issues the last 2 Audi's had I did come back but this time I didn't feel so satisfied. I guess having a wife and 5 month old puts things in perspective for me. She then asked how much my car payment was and offered to have a lease payment made or a check sent. I opted for the check (will help to pay for some unexpected bills!) I have to say that I am truly impressed with Audi for believing in customer satisfaction. I do wonder what would cost them more, reimbursing everyone who has an issue with a months payment or simply replacing all the water pumps? A water pump has to be cheaper to replace than a $700+ car payment. It's nice to see that they value me as a customer and want future business.