S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Preparing Media Center, Issue with iPhone via USB

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by millersntx
Not that I ever use it, but does it exhibit the same behavior when using car play?
Unknown, as you stated, I never use CarPlay. Good thought but I would prefer to use the controls within the MMI.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

CarPlay works fine, and is probably a better option for anyone with an iPhone (no CayPlay available on iPod Touches).
Old 12-02-2017, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

After a week of using my iPod Touch via MMI, I've discovered that the problems are actually worse than I first realized. In addition to not being able to traverse the library via MMI, MMI starts displaying the wrong track information on the Now Playing screen after every 3-5 songs. The incorrect track information will correct itself 2-3 tracks later, and then the cycle repeats. I've read through numerous forums and posts describing similar problems between iOS 11 and MMI that did not exist with iOS 10, so using iOS 10 is the obvious solution here. Unfortunately it is impossible to downgrade to iOS 10.x.x at this point because Apple has stopped signing those releases. Which means unless Apple or Audi come up with a fix, we are screwed. Very disappointing.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by daniel1113
CarPlay works fine, and is probably a better option for anyone with an iPhone (no CayPlay available on iPod Touches).
My CarPlay has not functioned properly since upgrading to iOS 11.2 on my iPhone X. Car Play continually crashes.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by daniel1113
After a week of using my iPod Touch via MMI, I've discovered that the problems are actually worse than I first realized. In addition to not being able to traverse the library via MMI, MMI starts displaying the wrong track information on the Now Playing screen after every 3-5 songs. The incorrect track information will correct itself 2-3 tracks later, and then the cycle repeats. I've read through numerous forums and posts describing similar problems between iOS 11 and MMI that did not exist with iOS 10, so using iOS 10 is the obvious solution here. Unfortunately it is impossible to downgrade to iOS 10.x.x at this point because Apple has stopped signing those releases. Which means unless Apple or Audi come up with a fix, we are screwed. Very disappointing.
I've had the same problem since day one with the incorrect track info being displayed vs. actual. Hitting the menu button and then media resolves it. The only way to access the playlist, artist or album is by using the iPod/iPhone interface. The integration had previously worked (v11) when I erased the data and reset the device. Post adding new tracks, well, now I'm back to a non-working interface. I may erase it again and keep it as is until there's a permanent fix. I would less likely blame Audi for the problem except it works flawlessly in my wife's Volvo and on my home systems.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am having a lot if issues with CarPlay as well. Here's what happens.
  1. CarPlay is on, if I put the car in Reverse, the rearview camera comes up as normal, after I go back into Drive, I'm back at the main menu and I cannot get back into CarPlay, however the music from CarPlay is still playing. The crazy thing is that if I go back to main menu from CarPlay and then go into Reverse then Drive, I can go back into CarPlay
  2. CarPlay is on, if any of the PreSense warnings come up on the display, I cannot get back into CarPlay but the music from CarPlay is still on
With both of these issues, I have to disconnect my iPhone X (iOS 11.2) and plug it back in again to access CarPlay. I never had any of these issues with Android Auto, it works flawlessly with the Google Pixel 2.

I have tried using different cables and still the same issue. This is a big problem for anyone who relies on the CarPlay functionality for hands free use.