S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Weather not showing up on MMI

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Weather not showing up on MMI

This is a petty one, but an issue nonetheless. I'll keep it brief:

When I bought the car, the weather & current temperature overlay icons on the map displayed perfectly.
I then let the 6 month AudiConnect trial expire and this + live traffic + all the Google Earth stuff stopped displaying.
After waiting a week to think about it, I renewed AudiConnect for 18 months. Google Earth/Live Traffic/etc resumed working immediately.
The weather icons however no longer display on the Nav map -- no matter what zoom level I am at.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips?

I have already called AudiConnect customer service to confirm my account is active and correct, and that all features are enabled from a subscription standpoint.
The weather checkbox is checked on the "what MMI contents do you want to display" nav options screen.
I have already tried resetting the MMI settings for Navigation Settings, Navigation Content, and AudiConnect to factory defaults.
The problem still exists. AudiConnect customer service is recommending a dealer service visit as a next step, hoping to avoid that for something seemingly so simple.

Note: I am not talking about the "weather" menu option under the AudiConnect main menu. I am talking about the icons that overlay on the navigation map screen, which show the temperature in a given area and weather it is raining or not for example.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

I let my trial expire and never renewed so I can't go investigate now, but weather overlay on the map was never something I noticed during the 6 months I had A-C. If anyone has a screen shot of that I'd love to see what it looked like.

I did check the weather app in the MMI once. And only once. It was laughable at best. Embarrassing is probably a more apt description. Do the designers of that app even own a modern smartphone?
Old 07-07-2023, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mplsbrian
When I bought the car, the weather & current temperature overlay icons on the map displayed perfectly.

The weather checkbox is checked on the "what MMI contents do you want to display" nav options screen.
Based on your post, I was looking for the 'Weather' checkbox in the Nav options screen, but did not see it. Can you provide a screen shot so I know I'm looking in the right place?

I know it's getting the weather in the Audi Connect when I launch it. I wonder if Audi Connect is not "active" (i.e., you are using CarPlay/AndroidAuto instead), the weather feed doesn't come through to the map?