S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

to achtung ... woh, now your classifying blacks as thieves, i was with

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to achtung ... woh, now your classifying blacks as thieves, i was with

In response to this comment ----, "They were probably 4-5 black guys (probably early twenties, if not juveniles, the type that I would pull over by default if I were a cop)"

I was with you until ... you took it their, bro, what the hell is "the kind you would pull over on GP = General Principle". And this is the very focus I was speaking about cops, if you were a cop, you'd be just as fudged up as the rest, biased, prejudists and pre-judgemental. Being a black man, in my early twenties, a compEngr student, and a non-thief, I am insulted, ... look the individuals wanting to take your car had nothing to do with them being black. It had evetything to do with them being thieve's. Thievery is most certainly a human facet, not a black facet, I'm sure the Europeans looked mighty suspicious when they landed on Plymouth Rock.

So with that said, perhaps, for the Indians, if they had practised racial profiling could have saved their continent.

I was really with you ... until you started up with the they looked black and suspicous bit, implication, that black implies you are going to do something wrong. Direct your anger where it needs to be directed, the thieves who wanted to steal your car, no not the black thieves ... the thieves ... as I've already pointed out thievery is not limited by race.

End Rant.

I don't mean to be asinine ... but I'm trying to make a point about asinine thinking ...
Old 05-02-2002, 02:32 PM

Default I'm with you, brother... :-)

do not profile ppl with their race...

theft is theft...got nothing to do with if one's black, white, brown or yellow~ gee...

that's like saying all that are brown-skinned is terrorists...because of what happened on 9/11...NO NO NO
Old 05-02-2002, 02:40 PM

Default I agree 100%...

I've noticed tons of racist/prejudice remarks on these forums in the short time I've been here (about 6 mos). I guess when you have 1000s of people on a forum, there are bound to be a few rotten apples (either ignorant or just plain racist). Don't let the idiots get to you, man... there's too many of them out there to deal with.
Old 05-02-2002, 02:43 PM

Default Do not profile with their race... look police need an efficient way to use their time, and I am

pretty sure in most urban areas the majority of crimes are committed by african americans, no this does not mean that all blacks are theives, I beleive that mostly white trash get DUI tickets in the midwest, I am not offended this doesn't mean all whites would drink and drive. Deal with the reality that black men occupy our jails in greater numbers and on average would be more likely as a suspect in many situations so the cops may check things out. I am not down with giving the guy a ticket cause he is black or harassing him but a simple check, pull over may well be warranted from the officers experience. Now go ahead and flame.
Old 05-02-2002, 02:45 PM

Default Yeah, like I have to deal with you.......

=)
Old 05-02-2002, 03:07 PM

Default Alright I phrased this wrong, I meant a larger number of their population.... black 7% white 1% so

given an equal sampling of black males and white males you are more likely to find institutionalized black males... they have more "bad apples". Sorry for the incorrect phrasing... but if you check your own data you'll find I am write, not positive on the exact percentages.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:08 PM

Default And your point being?

That's due to a lot of factors.....One being that white's may be able to afford a much better lawyer than the average black male.....I hope you're not insinuating what I think you are....
Old 05-02-2002, 03:16 PM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Default What I was saying, that Urban areas are not subject to more crime from African americans,

and midwesterners are not more prone to DUI's. I was simply saying blanket statements are dangerous, and usually wrong.

You are reading my point from the wrong angle, and I am agreeing with you. Maybe my point was badly worded.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:19 PM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Having lived in Philly for 29 years, I can tell you you are wrong.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:23 PM

Default just check your own stats, it will confirm the percentages.

Also there are plenty of more statistics, HIV rates are higher in african americans, education is lower and they perform worse on testing, etc. etc. look I am not saying this blankets the entire race but it is always said that there is some truth behind stereotypes

Quick Reply: to achtung ... woh, now your classifying blacks as thieves, i was with