S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

drivers door window frame bent, repair or replace ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drivers door window frame bent, repair or replace ?

So I am working on my car in the garage, leave the drivers door ajar, walk over to work bench to notice the S4 rolled back and caught the inside wall with the drivers upper window frame. I am just sick.

when firmly pushed, the door will close but I noticed the upper rear window frame is bent and the window frame no longer lines up with the roof lines. the window goes up and down fine but you can tell the window frame corner was bent in, causing the upper window frame to slightly buckle and sit out away from the roof when the door is closed.

So my question is, do i need a whole new/used door or can you replace the entire Window frame ? I am hoping the window frame is replaceable/repairable or is manufactured as part of the entire door ? If I need a new/used door frame I won't need the door skin, cut down on painting cost i hope. what are my options ?

thanks in advance for the help.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default One of my doors is kind of like that as well. It was like that when I bought it, just didnt notice

at the time. Maybe something like this happened on mine though. Same issues as you, yet window still works. I added black foam weather stripping along the inside of the door frame (where it closes against the frame of the car). This cut down on some wind noise I have been noticing, and a few drops of water that would find their way in during car wash. Just an idea as temporary fix for things that might be wrong, that you may not have noticed.