S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

REVO sounds like what I need. when will this be available?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVO sounds like what I need. when will this be available?

The advanced tuning kit will consist of a tuning CD, instruction manual and cable that works in conjunction with an SPS 3. It will give the user a greater degree of control, and will include some innovative data logging facilities.

"This kit will give the ability to run outside the window of safe limits of the vehicle.

The user is provided with a program to adjust the settings via a notebook computer. It is to be used for racing purposes only, and will be accompaned by a comprehensive disclaimer.

The tuning software will be supported by Windows® 95 or greater."
Old 09-05-2004, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Advanced tuning kit will require either a dyno or a lot

of logging along with a very careful approach. Right now SPS3 offers enough levels of boost & timing to satisfy most, with A/F adjustment coming as an upgrade. K03 programs are available. Other K04 programs are available or in development. Mine will be an A-box specific program.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:18 AM

Default A box on K03 is pretty decent code

Just finished a trial, it pulls nice & smooth, but I think it comes on a little late.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hello... you already have access to everything minus SEL +100% with their Lemmiwinks or APR VTune.

Of course I am hopeful they will allow users to build their own maps but...

Hope there is more to this kit than just using the standard ME7.1 environmental supplements.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:02 AM

Default Actually...

Lemmiwinks allows you to tweak adaptation channels, but you can't do things like add boost. (You can only reduce it.)

VTune is thus far only publically available for non-EMCS cars. (That means DPP, which is not available for B5 S4 cars). There is hope though... and it is real.

MobileTuner is available for some revisions of GIAC code, and some revisions do allow more control than others.

So far as I know, the Revo Advanced Tuning kit is not publically available at all.

My guess is that much of the Revo tuning kit is based on work that was done while the boys were still at APR, and it may well be hung up in litigation. (If one reads between the lines of the court documents made available several months ago, much of the intellectual property conflict seems to be focused on software tools.)
Old 09-05-2004, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Agreed.

Meant this in a sense that these tools mostly depend on the Bosch ME7.1 environmental/adaptation registers to tweak performance, and you can bump boost past 100% in the ME7.1 registers - just not with the public versions of these tuner tools(don't know on MobileTuner). I have played with all three understanding the VTune and MobileTuner dependencies, although the majority of VTune functions work on the B5S4 APR EMCS H/M box fwiw. Having known the history between APR and now Revo I too wonder where this stuff will end up.

Still need to hook up with you on some Stg3 questions/possibilities sometime as I have 2, maybe 3 possible projects to participate in coming soon... two of three are looking to favor APR code bases. Would appreciate the insight and experience you have...
Old 09-05-2004, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hey, I'm over 18 yrs old

I'm perfectly willing to sign a disclosure statement releasing them from any liability. I don't need someone charging me full price for user adjustable software that really has "big brother" limits built in. I hope APR's case gets thrown out, for our sake.
dave
Old 09-05-2004, 09:07 AM

Default Sure...

Please drop me a line...

cloudpunch at yahoo dot com

I don't know what I can offer, but I'll point you in the right direction.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:10 AM

Default A disclosure statement?

Please stop throwing around big words until you get ahold of a dictionary. Disclosure is much different than release of liability.

...Diction notwithstanding, you don't know as much about VTune as you think you do.

Also, please notice that my statement didn't take sides. It merely postulates the status of Revo's user tuning kit.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default no offense to you

Yep, I'm no lawyer or english major. Everything I've read on this board says you can only adjust various values within preset windows. I didn't mean to direct any hostility your way.
dave

Quick Reply: REVO sounds like what I need. when will this be available?