S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2016 S6 Order Placed

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 08:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I traded my 2016 A6 TDI Prestige two weeks ago for a Daytona Grey S6 (sports pkg, black optics , prestige). The TDI had the comfort seats and cold weather packages - I custom ordered it.
The S6 did not come (bought off dealer floor) with the comfort seats or Cold weather package.
The comfort seats were truly amazing and I liked the heated steering wheel - though the temperature was anemic.
However I don't miss them in the S6 - I'd rather have the flat bottom steering wheel and the special diamond stitched seats - for me it sets the S6 more apart than a run-of-the-mill A6. (I only wish I ordered the Alu/Black layered look for the dash of the S6) And mama says the seats in the S6 are more comfortable. I definitely feel the standard S6 seats are very comfortable.
I love this car - and now the age-old thrill of what mods I should do fills my mind in the wee hours of night.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default If you have back problems, you will love the comfort seats

I have back problems and the comfort seats are perfect for me. You have enough control over all the bolsters, thigh support, and lumbar to get the seat to fit as well as the BMW sport seats. They are ventilated and the massage function does wonders for my back on long trips. In my six Audi's these are the best. The upgraded leather looks better, is more substantial, and should wear well. Good luck.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you....I can't wait to get massaged while sitting in traffic on I95.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeS6
And holy **** Luv2sleep, that car looks beautiful man. I went with the Glacial white, But idk, I like yours.
Thanks dude. Depending on the intensity of the sun and the angle of view, you can see few other colors which makes the Daytona grey a cool looking color.
If my wife's car wasn't white, I might have chosen glacier white. There's something about an Audi in white; it's very elegant and sexy. The first S6 I test drove was in glacier white. That's my first S6 love!
Old 02-26-2016, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yea, a few reasons I tend to like white, is even when it's dirty, and still can look pretty good, and there's something about a white on black contrast that looks so dam sharp (the Black Optic package). However I must admit I have always loved any of the gray colors, I've recently lave been so intrigued by the "battleship gray" I believe it's call Nardo gray.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MikeS6
Yea, a few reasons I tend to like white, is even when it's dirty, and still can look pretty good.
That's exactly why our family SUV is in white. Good thing the dealership washes it for free. I don't dare let any car wash touch my car.
Something about Audi that goes well in white and that along with the contrast is very appealing. I saw a brand new R8 in white the other day and I couldn't stop salivating, literally! I'll have to keep on playing the lotto.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

So, it appears that the boat my car is one (Hoegh Bangkok) is well overdue to port. It has not had a position update in over 9 days.....Hope it isn't lost!
Old 03-07-2016, 11:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 19hole
So, it appears that the boat my car is one (Hoegh Bangkok) is well overdue to port. It has not had a position update in over 9 days.....Hope it isn't lost!
The vessel will be out of range for about 12 days. My S6 came on the Jasper Arrow last week and my dealer called me this morning that it is in. Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm in minority camp here - comfort seats were 'must have' for me and sport package didn't attract me at all. It offers differential and enhanced sounds and I don't need those.
Unless you drive hard on twisted roads you will not feel sport differential so I'm pretty happy with my config.

Enjoy your car
Old 03-07-2016, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Different strokes for different folks. Nothing wrong with that. I don't need that tune but I want it....I'm still playing chicken little in fear of the TD1 monster.

Frido42, congrats and enjoy your new ride! It's time to unleash the beast.

Quick Reply: 2016 S6 Order Placed