S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Fair price on a new s6?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 08:48 PM
bpd
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

I be danged! Congrats. What happened to the electric car? Did you stop caring for the environment? Anyway, we are back on S6 topic.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wise choice and so far the best deal we've heard. A far better value for a much better vehicle.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Wise choice and so far the best deal we've heard. A far better value for a much better vehicle.
My sentiments exactly. Best of luck to anyone else looking to still pickup their S6. But you better hurry, there are just around 10 more remaining!
Old 05-14-2019, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by amchuu
What’s up Audi Nation!! Just got myself a S6 for 33% off MSRP!!!!!!! Glacier White, premium plus, sports package,black optics, drivers assistance!!!

vrooom vroom!!!!
Pics? What awesome dealer gave a gem away for that much off MSRP? Good for you...I've never seen or heard of one for that much off. What made you change your mind? Either way.......

Old 05-14-2019, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BryanB8.5
Pics? What awesome dealer gave a gem away for that much off MSRP? Good for you...I've never seen or heard of one for that much off. What made you change your mind? Either way.......

Thanks! I can post some pics this weekend - car needs a wash and it is supposed to rain tonight.

The car is pristine. Glacier white with lunar silver interior. I really wanted the lunar silver interior - I think its the classiest option IMHO. If you can keep it clean, I believe it ages the best out of the three. Both the black and red start to show some shine over time, but the lunar silver stays pretty consistent in looks. I looked at a variety of used cars in person and online before deciding. Glacier white wasn't my first color choice, but Sepang Blue with Lunar Silver car sold before I officially made my decision to go with the S6 over Tesla.

Here are my general takeaways:
- S6 is just a dream of a car. Sure you can get more screens in the 2020 S6 whenever that comes out, but I prefer the current layout. Its classier and its a V8!!! Tesla would have been a bad choice for me. If you're considering between a Tesla or an S6, then you just don't understand what the S6 is about - luxury, power, design, fit and finish. The Tesla is a nice car, but doesn't win on ANY of those categories. For practicality Tesla will win, but heck, if you want to be practical, get a Toyota.

- Out of all the packages available on the S6, I strongly believe the Driver Assistance Package is key! It responds very well to keeping the car in the lane and the adaptive cruise with stop and go performs much better than I expected and I have used it in heavy traffic as well as freeway cruising. It does amazingly well in stop and go traffic - very reliable and safe. This package should definitely a MUST if you plan to use the S6 as a daily driver. The sports package is nice as well as is the black optics package for the upgraded rims. I would have liked the Prestige, but it was the least necessary package in my view and in the view of many car reviews I read. But hey, nice if you can get it!

- I got a quote of $3,800 for the 10 year / 100k extended warranty - I may get that given all I have read about turbo failures. But I also want to confirm with dealers how often those failures happen on this car before I do.

- The sports seats are very comfortable and VERY stylish. I see no need for the comfort seats unless you need air cooled

Last edited by amchuu; 05-14-2019 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

- I got a quote of $3,800 for the 10 year / 100k extended warranty - I may get that given all I have read about turbo failures. But I also want to confirm with dealers how often those failures happen on this car before I do.
You are in the SF Bay Area correct? Is that quote Audi Pure Protection or Fidelity? $100 deductible?...what dealer. I have yet to get my warranty, but will be.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dnadrifter
You are in the SF Bay Area correct? Is that quote Audi Pure Protection or Fidelity? $100 deductible?...what dealer. I have yet to get my warranty, but will be.
The quote was from an Audi dealer on a new Audi. If yours is older then I don't think it would be the same. Assuming it is for Audi Pure Protection. I have pinged my dealer for more information and will update you once I receive it.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quick search of Autotrader shows only 20 new S6's left in the US. Strangely 11 of those are listed at Audi Brooklyn, and have been for quite some time, but are not listed on their actual site. So either they are sold or still waiting to get the PODS recall fixed and will have the motherload when they are all released. Without Audi Brooklyn, there appears to be only about 9 new ones left to choose from. I don't have access to the exact numbers, so just an approximation.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The quote was from an Audi dealer on a new Audi. If yours is older then I don't think it would be the same. Assuming it is for Audi Pure Protection. I have pinged my dealer for more information and will update you once I receive it.
This was a new S6. I took delivery at the very end Jan. It has 1000 miles on it of which 300 are driving it back from LA.

Curious as to why all the secrecy regarding the dealer you bought the warranty from?
Old 05-23-2019, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dnadrifter
This was a new S6. I took delivery at the very end Jan. It has 1000 miles on it of which 300 are driving it back from LA.

Curious as to why all the secrecy regarding the dealer you bought the warranty from?
LOL, no secrecy bro. I just haven't bought the warranty yet. I am still waiting on more information from the dealer. Once he finally provides it I will gladly share.