Suspension Tuning Discussion Discussion forum for general topics regarding suspension tuning

suspension completely dead

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 11:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension completely dead

Hi All,

just signed signed up so please bear with me!

bought an 2000 a6 Allroad to tow my jet ski. But the suspension is completely dead. There’s a plug come off (or taken off????) off the compressor, I’ve put this back but nothing. No lights on the height controls inside the car.

If if I put ESP on get warning on dash.

any pointers welcome, fuses, where to start etc

Wiggy
Old 12-13-2017, 11:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Suspension ..

Hi I'm a new hear but my wealth of knowledge is massive ,,
​​​​​​​put your key in turn it but don't tick over the engine so all your electrics are on this should turn on your compressor you should here it some were in the back left of boot its should make some noise and is quiet loud if you don't hear it its not broken, their is a fuse located inside the compressor housing...Also with the car in this position go all the way around of your suspension if you hear a his then you have a leak from your suspension air bags and it can be fixed.If by both of these methods nothing arises check your fuses one is in the compressor housing in back of boot panel the other is under dash of driver side corner.. Their is also another one in the normal fuse box place... If still looks fine Connect Ross tec and read the fault write these down ,,,Try to open module 34 (suspension module) click Login input code 31564 press enter then go to out put tests these should test each air bag components if there is one not working then it will clearly show.. If there is a problem with the suspension module then it won't let you open module 34....kind regards
Old 12-19-2017, 11:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Suspension

Thanks fir the reply

The compressor pump makes no noise whatsoever, I’ll go through the fuses as you have suggested. Hopefully it’s sonething as simple as a fuse.

the height switch inside the car does not light up either, is this likely to be linked to the fuses?

cheers