Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Q5/Bluetooth problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5/Bluetooth problem

Hi there -- proud owner of a new Q5 with < 100 miles on it, and very happy to boot. However, I am having trouble using the bluetooth handsfree with my phone, which appears to be a common issue.

I'm a T-Mobile subscriber, using a Samsung SGH-T629 phone - about 2.5 years old. There are two problems:

1. The phonebook contacts get scrambled in an... interesting way. Let's say I have contacts like this:

Abe Smith
Alan Jones
Andrew Katz
Li Wong

The last contact will show up as 'Li WongKatz' in the MMI display, as will every other contact that is shorter in length than 'Andrew Katz', until there is an entry that is longer.

2. Somewhat more critically, when I get an incoming call, the MMI says 'Incoming call from Alan Jones' for about 2 seconds, then goes to the end call screen, all while my phone rings. If I answer on the phone, all is good from that point forward.

Anyone seen this list of issues? FWIW, the version string from my MMI is "HNav_US_P0108_D1", if that means anything.

I found the Audi bluetooth compatibility list from Audi's site, and am actually willing to upgrade my phone as mine is somewhat old, but the problem with that approach is that the only fully compatible TMobile phones manufactured in the last *year* are blackberries!

http://www.audiusa.com/etc/medialib/....0040.File.pdf

Is it possible that there is a firmware update for the MMI, even though this is a fresh-off-the-assembly-line car? How would I know/be able to tell?
Old 05-02-2009, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

With the new MMI 3G is going to take at least a year before AudiUSA comes out with a software upgrade. You may try to change the options in the tel set up, like memory option to Phonebook or SIM. I have not see the new MMI yet. Good luck
Old 05-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RAD2
With the new MMI 3G is going to take at least a year before AudiUSA comes out with a software upgrade. You may try to change the options in the tel set up, like memory option to Phonebook or SIM. I have not see the new MMI yet. Good luck
Someone else (in this forum or another one) mentioned the Phonebook/Sim memory option, but I haven't been able to find it. It's probably in a differnt place in MMI 3G, but where is it on your car? It's definitely worth trying.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Go to telephone then set up, go to memory settings and you will see the option (at least with the previous MMI)
Old 05-06-2009, 06:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Problem Solved

Just to close the loop on this thread: I solved the problem a slightly different way. I suspected the issue was my ~3 year old phone, which was one of the first out with BT2.0. A quick check with a co-worker's phone showed that to be the case - his worked fine - so I bought one of that model (Nokia e71, FYI)

The Q5 MMI 3.0 does not seem to have the submenu that RAD5 mentioned, although I could have missed it.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Q5/Bluetooth problem

actually I can do that stuff... But it was weird: The first time I played with the bluetooth I could make all those tricks; after a couple of days it didnt work, only with the USB cable; and then, while I was trying to fix the bluetooth problem I told you before, changing the configurations to PS2, PS2, PS3 and XBOX Emulator, it worked properly again...

so, its a problem of the motioninjoy software, not mine??