Telematics Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Various questions regarding MMI (M.O.S.T.) and potential expansion (iPod, etc)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Various questions regarding MMI (M.O.S.T.) and potential expansion (iPod, etc)

The first question I have is whether or not the currently available Audi iPod adapter will work in the C6 A6 with the MMI/MOST interface. I hear conflicting stories everywhere, different dealers etc.

The second is, has anyone in the U.S. successfully installed the TV tuner? I am more interested in this to make use of the video/audio inputs than anything else. There could be the option of hooking up a Mac Mini in the back (this has been done before but not on a U.S. model). My reasoning here is that if I am able to do this I would have access to iTunes, etc and would really never need any additional peripherals to be connected to the MOST system. If you really wanted to go nuts you could GPS the computer and use it for NAV as well, perhaps with a live internet feed through a bluetooth enabled cell phone to receive traffic data etc. Granted this is WAY overkill when what I really want is a well done iPod integration but so far I am not convinced that exists for the 2005+ model A6s (or the A8s & forth coming Q7)
Old 02-20-2006, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Currently, Audi does not make a MOST compliant iPod adapter. The TV tuner is available in europe...

and will require a recode of your system to make it operational. I don't have the specific recoding instructions since the entire C6 manual lists OBD functions as "self-guided" with their new equipment.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Updated information

After several back and forth emails with an Audi tech it appears as though those of us that are early-ish C6 or D3 adopters may be out of luck for iPod integration...

Basically the information is something to the effect of:

Mid-year MY07 cars should be available with the Audi Music Interface (AMI). Production start is KW45/06. AMI will not be retrofittable, nor backwards-compatible.

There is research being done on a MOST adapter for the iPod but it isn't sounding terribly promising. The AMI adapter is supposed to be compatible with more than just the iPod, although if that is the case I do wonder what level the integration will be as typically you have to give up some functionality to ensure more compatibility.

Anyone else have any information on this?
Old 04-15-2006, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

yes I wanna find out more about this AMI thing ?
Old 04-16-2006, 07:21 PM

Dension DICE MOST for Audi in a couple months...