TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

To clear the air...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Founder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default To clear the air...

Let's start over. Let's make sure we are all on the same page. If apologizing is what I need to do, then so be it. I apologize. Everybody at AW loves being a part of (hopefully an important part of) the Audi community, the TT'ers included. I am most sorry that in a series of misunderstandings and personal politics, people have gotten the mistaken impression that AW is different than it was a few weeks back. This is not true.

So...

OT is allowed in the forums and will always be allowed in the forums, subject to just a few things:

-Appropriately <b>tag</b> any off topic material

-Refer to <a href="https://www.audiworld.com/forum/faq.shtml">Forum FAQ</a> and <a href="https://www.audiworld.com/forum/faq.shtml">ToU</a> for guidelins or OT, profanity, nudity etc...

-Don't hijack <b>on topic</b> threads with <b>off topic</b> banter.

- Try not to use the Forums as a replacement for many of the good IM systems out there.

With these guidelines in mind I'm sure most people will not have any issues with the way the forums are working.

I'd also like people to know that as of right there is only one TT forum moderator - Joe. We are looking for others.

In closing I'd like to say that I've seen copies of many of the e-mails that have gone around. I referred earlier to the undercurrent and I just want some of the people to know that the things being said about AW and me personally are mean and unfair. This does not apply to 99.9% of the users of course. The 0.1% hurts a lot though.
Old 03-08-2003, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the comments, things seem to have settled back to normal....
Old 03-08-2003, 02:28 PM

Default Thanks for taking the time to apologize, Jason.

Trusting the forum community to take care of its business, with minimum intervention, will go a long way in restoring users' comfort and confidence.
Old 03-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Elder Member

Default That's cool. Jason, is this a typo?

"Try to use the Forums as a replacement for many of the good IM systems out there."

Did you mean to say, "Try not to use . . . ."
Old 03-08-2003, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Founder

Default True enough

The sources of intervention have mostly been removed. There are a few slight tweaks to policy, but things are (as I've been saying over and over) substantially the same. I wanted people to know we care (because we feel we are part of the community, not because of financial reasons as some people would lead you to believe).
Old 03-08-2003, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Founder

Default Typo, yes.

I'll fix it.
Old 03-08-2003, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I appreciate the post Jason, however I am troubled by the tone this statement makes...

"... If apologizing is what I need to do, then so be it. I apologize."

You will forgive me for being a little uncomfortable with your seeming reluctance to acknowledge what has been the effect of OT standards and application this last week or so. I hope that the vital community that once inhabited this space can reemerge and continue to flourish. However, speaking for myself, the trust that was broken will certainlly take time to rebuild.
Old 03-08-2003, 02:42 PM

Default I also agree.

Frankly, I take offense to the repeated insitance that "nothing has changed".

If nothing changed, then there wouldn't have been a problem. And it wasn't just one or two people who were upset.
Old 03-08-2003, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Founder

Default I thought that it had been acknowledged and people knew it was fixed

And that they still weren't happy. Hence my offer to apologize if that would help rebuild the trust that you speak of.

I don't think it's asking too much for people to think of it from my point of view too, particularly in light of some of the e-mails that have gone around and more public statments (reference the LarryTT post below). Trust is a two way street and a few people have gone out of their way to build a smearing campaign against me and this site. I doubt anybody will every apologize for that.

I was being sincere about what I said.
Old 03-08-2003, 02:48 PM

Default What was fixed?

"I am most sorry that in a series of misunderstandings and personal politics, people have gotten the mistaken impression that AW is different than it was a few weeks back"

If nothing is different, what was fixed?

Quick Reply: To clear the air...