TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

To clear the air...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 03:14 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<nods in agreement>
Old 03-08-2003, 03:20 PM

;-)
Old 03-08-2003, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wow, this is news to me. I had no idea anything was going on. I love this forum and have been active

on AudiWorld for 3 years now. I hope everything is well. I know it is tough to set guidelines on forum protocol but it is necessary with all the diverse people that visit the site. I have seen alot of horrible forums and I always leave feeling fustrated. I go to AudiWorld to relax and talk to friends with common interest. I can spend hours on this forum. Its the best I have ever seen.
Old 03-08-2003, 03:28 PM

Default Truthfully, I have no idea.

I don't know 99% of the details. I got one or two of the emails going around and that was it, so I really don't know what went on behind the scenes. I do know how I felt as your standard user when my posts started getting deleted and the forum started going down hill.

From the beginning everyone has treated the WCTT forum as a place to BS and not talk so much about the TT, so it's more of a social place than a technical forum.

From my personal point of view, I don't think at this stage you can do much more. If folks want to come back, they will and if they don't then there probably isn't much you can do to get them back.

This is AW, afterall and if you don't get anyone back you are sure to continue to have the influx of noobs we all so much enjoy toying with
Old 03-08-2003, 03:30 PM
Elder Member

i agree.... this is my favorite spot on the net, period.
Old 03-08-2003, 03:34 PM
gtt
AudiWorld Super User

I was oblivious to the turmoil too. Then again I don't "live" here.
Old 03-08-2003, 03:41 PM

Default I think I'm glad I've been so busy with work lately. :-)

I'd like nothing more than to see this forum settle back to the way it was.
Old 03-08-2003, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks for the post Jason - It takes a big, big person to apologize when in their heart they feel

wronged and hurt. Your apology says alot more about you as a person.

Thank You.
John
Old 03-08-2003, 04:53 PM

Default Wow Jason.....

<i>"If apologizing is what I need to do, then so be it. I apologize."</i>

That's a real sincere apology. But then again I cant imagine you feeling truly sincere about apologizing to guests in "your house."

I only speak for myself and have to say the "my house" attitude rubs me the wrong way. You seem to forget Jason that without member, Audiworld would just be another ****-poor site. And yes, without you there would be no "Audiworld". There is a symbiotic relationship that you have either never understood or have lost along the way.

We have exchanged some emails and I have seen some of your posts. You come across as an arrogant, self-centered, hypocritical individual with a holier -then-thou attitude. Maybe in real life you are a nice guy, don't know, we never met. But that is how seem on the forum . Again, I speak for myself, but I am not the only person who thinks it. If you think that is an unfair characterization, then you might want to rethink some of you behavior and remarks.

You talk about looking at things in your shoes. Every though about doing the same with us?

<i>"You whine and pine for the "way it was" so that you can continue to be the fun community that you once were (and still are, even though you don't realize it), yet you have swiftly forgotten the precise thing that brought you together in the first place."</i>

What would be your feelings having read this as a lowly member of "your" forum?

I am sure my account will be deleted after this, but I feel it has to be said. Other people will just kiss your *** and say thanks for allowing us to be here. I'm not about that. The TT forum has done it's share to help Audiworld and further your success.

<i>"I rarely argue with people or respond to responses. I state my position and hope that people understand."</i>

Anyone that does not agree with you is "arguing" with you. Maybe try a concept called "discussion". Maybe try to respond to members concerns, but without the "this is my house" tone.

Some more issues.....

First you say the forum was never different, then you say it's fixed. Don't give me the Larry did it bull****, he was a mod for all of what? A week? You think one person can change the dynamic face of a forum in that time? These problems existed before him. Posts were being incorrectly deleted way before Larry was a mod, so how can you blame him for that?

<i>"I've asked the moderators to be a little more stringent about OT posts"</i> You wrote that. But you say then you say "<i>a lot of the trouble begin the day he (Larry) was made a moderator"</i>

<i>"I simply asked them (The Mods) to delete "nonsense" and left it to them to interpret what that meant."</i>

Well see herein lies the problem. The "interpretation" is what started all of this. This group tried to voice their displeasure with the interpretation and the actions resulting from that interpretation. But nobody listened. You did not listen.

But I guess now you need a scapegoat, so use Larry. But try not to play the "look what the mean man said about me" angle too much. I would be pissed off to if I was being used as a scapegoat. Larry did nothing but challenged some of the interpretations as to what was being deleted. And what did he use as a guideline? Your own words...

<i>"The stuff to delete is personal attacks, profanity, tasteless/vulgar material, nudity (use the Maxim test) and FS posts."</i>

Lets take out "tasteless/vulgar material, nudity" because we all know that is a joke (and hypocritical since we know you post such ****). So all we are left with is: "Personal attacks and FS posts". Again if you had listened to the people from the TT forum you would have known that posts <b>NOT</b> of that nature were being deleted. But you didn't. You came in to <i>"save the forum"</i> and conclude there is no <i>"big problem"</i>, everything is the same. But it was <b>NOT</b> the same. That is the whole point. Even though highly respected members of this forum told you that, you chose to ignore it. You still choose to ignore it.

You still say nothing changed!!

or do you?

<i>"We tried to make some changes and it didn't work"</i>

Well, that would be the under****ingstatement of the year.
Old 03-08-2003, 04:55 PM

Default Well, not knowing the whole story..

But here is what I would suggest:
1) if you want to apologize, issue a real one,
not one prefaced with something like "if I have
to"

2) tell us what the failed policy changes were that
you have now rescinded so we can judge for
ourselves.

3) allow private classifieds again, or provide
real reasons why you can't (I do not believe
the my buying a used ECU from a forum member
at all cuts in to your sponsor's advertising,
eg.)

I appreciate you trying to restore the jibe here,
but there is still work to be done, imo.

scot

Quick Reply: To clear the air...