TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Xenon headlight failure and service heroes

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-1999, 08:06 PM
aaront

Default Xenon headlight failure and service heroes

I got two nights of driving out of my TT before the passenger side xenon headlight died, and I took it into the University Audi shop in Seattle. I dropped it off on Monday morning, and told them I wanted to leave for California on Wednesday. The nice thing was that they have their technology worked out, and I didn't have to fill out any paperwork because everything was already in the system. They promised to get right on it. They called me back by the afternoon and left messages at both my home and work numbers explaining that they had replaced the bulb, but that didn't fix the problem, and they were going to trace the wiring for a fault. They called me again on Tuesday afternoon to tell me that they had discovered that the ballast was bad (like on flourescent lights), and that there wasn't one in the country. So, they were pulling the ballast on the dealer's demo car to stick in mine. They still needed a couple hours to get everything back together again, so I wasn't able to pick it up until this morning (Wednesday).

And, good to their word, the car was ready, washed and vacumed, and I am very impressed with the level of service.

And, thankfully, I'm off the California in the morning!

Aaron
Old 12-23-1999, 10:03 AM
Joe

Good post. Thanks for the positive story!