TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Run flats and rims

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Perhaps when the inter-web is made available to Audi sales people too...

I own an importing company and there is nothing "I" or my sales reps don't know about the products we sell. There is ZERO excuse for car sales people not to know their products in and out. When it's quite on the lot it's a great time to learn about your products ... what a concept..

Open the door, look at all the features and try them out. My company imports hundreds of products and we take the time to know about ALL of them.

Audi imports let's see... 6 different models and most have the same features? what a joke... I would know those cars inside and out so when I have a potential customer, I know the car and I can show them every feature the car has. My sales guy knew nothing about my car when I tested it. He had plenty of time to learn as I made an appointment 3 days prior..

Nobody cares anymore... plain and simple...
Old 04-25-2008, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Ride quality was sacrificed with run flats.

The run flats felt like they were driving the car. On a test drive I got into a bit of rutted highway at speed and it was almost scary how they dove right in. I have been down that same stretch of road with my car (with conventional tires) and don't notice it.

The Conti's that came with my car are loud and don't hook up as well as other tires I have used, but they certainly aren't worth throwing away. I AM looking forward to getting new tires though.

I read somewhere that someone has already used the compressor and can of goo and that it worked well. Might have been quattrophina.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Perhaps when the inter-web is made available to Audi sales people too...

I hear ya. I wouldn't be in business if I didn't know my ****.

I had to point out the following to my sales person and sales manager during the sales process:

-Short throw shifter w/ 3.2 S Line: Got responses of "are you sure?", "oh, really?" and "Cool! I didn't know that."

-Change to black stitching from silver stitching on S Line: When I asked is the stitching in the S Line on the floor was silver I got a response of "the stitching looks a little lighter than the leather." It turns out it was black.

-Change from Light Silver to Ice Silver in May 2007: Was originally told my car would be different than the "Light Silver" S Line on the floor. It turns out that the one on the floor was actually Ice Silver and the cars are exactly the same!

Upon delivery:
-Run flats: (As you know) I was told the car has run flats.

Post delivery (so far):
-Mobile phone adapter delete: Found the part numbers here on AudiWorld, ordered them from the parts department and then showed them to the sales people once I had them installed. I asked about and commented on this silly spec'd blemish on the inside of the car several times and was told there was no way to change it. (Thank YOU AudiWorld forum members!) The dealer has the parts on hand now for future TT sales.

As I have been typing along it's made me wonder what buying this car would have been like 10 to 15 years ago. We have access to information at our finger tips that would have been unavailable then. If it wasn't for this huge advantage, we would all be at the mercy of out dealer's word. Frightening!
Old 04-26-2008, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I got the Perelli P-Zero runflats on my 3.2 TT and..

Don't have a problem with them. They have plenty of grip and are pretty quite for a large low profile tire. The ride is a little more firm than a conventional tire, but not too bad. They also seem to be wearing very slowly which is good for a tire with such grip. Also, these tires are all-season which I need living in the northeast.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:56 AM

So true...
Old 04-26-2008, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

most car salespeople are not car nuts, its just a job to them