Everyone Please Relax

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everyone Please Relax

Listen, I am trying to do this thing the right way and I am new at this dyno stuff.

Also, the attitude of some of the forum members is a little disconcerting.

In my defense I would just like to say that the initial "offensive" note was a private email to Mance that he chose to make public. It was never my intention to dis anyone publicly. In the heat of the moment, I said somethings I should not have, but all that followed should be "water under the bridge" so let's get past it.

The main reason I have not shown the dyno data is that the dyno guy did not give me all of it. He only printed the upper half of the curve (from about 3500 and up). I am working with him now to get the other half. Not having ever done this before, I was not savvy enough to catch this at the time.

Also, it appears that what Mance wants are the tabular values, which they should have given me as well.

I am a bit embarrassed that I did not force the issue yesterday when I was at the dyno, but as I have said before I am new at this and I spent most of my time trying to soak in all he was doing, and not so much on the print-out until I got home.

Even if I have to run another baseline, I will get all the data.

In the conventional scientific community, it is not appropriate to disclose raw data until the project is complete. I realize this is not a publication project, but I am not used to giving out results prematurely.

Everyone, just be patient and we will get the numbers we need.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:14 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ok then let's approach this from todays (changed story) reasoning...

yesterday/last night you made no mention of not having the numbers we seek but rather that you wanted to wait until we can view yesterday's run and the next run (post cams?) together.

Today you say you didn't really mean that and now you'd love to share those numbers but that pesky dyno guy forgot to give them to you or only gave you the 3500RPM & up sheet. Ok, fair enough. I'm easy. Show me those 3500 & up results right now. See how easy that is. Besides, I really WANT to believe you.

I get no joy putting you in the hotseat, making you squirm or feel percecuted but when someone overcomes EVERY plea for the info that "was" given you (by your own admission) with yet another stall tactic surely you can see how any results once revealed "might" seem a little suspicious and/or contrived.

Just give us what you got for now but scan or photo it and don't transcribe (contrive) it for us.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ok, everyone listen:

A note to GoyerP: As much as I'm tired of people raggin on you, you're doing it to yourself. In the scientific world, even if publication waits for a conclusion, NOTHING is said until there is some kind of proof. Like Mance said, everyone WANTS to believe you but you haven't given anybody a reason to do so. Also, you have to just outright apologize for being a moron in your first email to Mance, which I think you have, but once again seems appropriate. On a positive note, we really do appreciate you going to the dyno. It's time and money I KNOW I don't have, and would never be able to do this. So thank you for doing this. You definitely need to take a picture or scan in the info you DO have because you let the cat outta the bag already. With all the evidence you've given us so far, for all we know you are Rob Hack (aka, no evidence for anything).

A note to AW regulars: I think it's time we drop EVERY bit of insult and accusation. Not only is rude and annoying, it makes our forum look bad. Of course I realize that it's hard NOT to respond to some things some people say, but it'll be better for all of us. So, enough with the back-handed comments. I think we're all above that. You can make fun of me, but not the n00bs who don't know how to talk in L33t on the intraweb, let alone how to be respectful AND respectable.

*Enter flames here*

Finally, I really enjoy coming to f.AW and hate to see people making it a bad experience, either for themselves or for someone else. IMHO, everyone here (*especially* on 12v) is extremely intelligent, knowledgeable, and generally good people. I enjoy being here and rarely miss a day *cry*. Everyone sing with me now, "Heal the woooooooorld, make it a better plaaaaaace, for you and for me and the entire human race..."

thanks guys. </rant>
Old 07-23-2004, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not to be a stickler, but it's "Persecuted" not "Percecuted"

Please correct your post accordingly.

Thank you, come again.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default are all of you on the rag?

jesus h christ.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

gaaaarrooossss...gross
Old 07-23-2004, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default This isn't a moon -- it's a space station!

I just can't help but notice when what was said before never matches exactly what was said at a later time. There can be several reasons for inconsistencies and discrepancies, none of which I find appealing. At this point I'll just wait and observe how this plays out.

Teacher: Where's your homework, Johnny?
Johnny: My dog ate it.
Teacher: I thought you said you had a cat.
Johnny: Yeah, but he looks like a dog.
Teacher: I want that homework on my desk tomorrow.
Johnny: I'll have to take my dog to the vet tomorrow. He's been crapping paper for a day.

:-P
Old 07-23-2004, 01:13 PM
eep
AudiWorld Member

Default Impatience?

I agree with snowman, but I'd also point out that browsing through some previous posts, I don't see anything that goyerp said to foster disbelief in his claims about the dyno. Sure, the striptease thing is kinda unusual, but he also had some sort of reasoning behind it. What did he tell us? 'I'm going to do a dyno test after I get back from vacation.' then 'I did the dyno, here are some partial results. I'll have the rest of the results later.' Sure, he could have been a bit more forthcoming from the beginning, but when pressed for a reason, he gave one; I just don't see why he needs to be constantly explaining himself. When you see a movie in the theater, do you call stand up and shout obscenities at the screen when previews come on? Ponder if you will:

"Oh, that Paul Anderson is so full of crap, I totally don't believe he made a movie about Alien vs Predator."
"Yea! Prove it man! Show us the whole movie right now right now right now!"
<later that night at the theater>
"A *preview* for Alien vs Predator? What a load of crap. Now I believe it even less. I mean why would he go through all the trouble of making a movie, then only show us 30 seconds of it? I think he's putting us all on. He's probably Michael Moore in disguise, and now he's going to tell us that the Predator is really Dick Cheney!"
"Man, he's always pulling that crap!"
"Yea!"

... etc. I think we can all agree that most things relating to 12v tuning don't happen overnight. How long did it take for the intake manifold thing to get done? A few pictures one day, some comments the next day, maybe a week goes by; if you click snowman's IM Workshop link, you'll see 38 threads ranging over 6 months. Nobody got accused of malfeasance over that span.

Eh. I feel like I'm berating the obvious here, but I just don't like how the atmosphere changes so quickly whenever a new person comes in and says the wrong thing.

Can't we all just get along?