A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Anyone here drive Palomar Mountain yesterday? I was following my clone down the mountain (more)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here drive Palomar Mountain yesterday? I was following my clone down the mountain (more)

I was driving Palomar Mtn. yesterday (in the 100 degree weather) and saw my "good twin" parked at the restaurant on top of the Mtn.

I checked out the observatory... and drove all over the Helipad there... I always wanted to drive around on a big yellow "H"

The picnic-ers probably thought I was loco. They're probably right.

Anyhow, as I was driving down the Mtn., I found my "good twin" being driven by the female spouse of a married driving team (I assume).

I kept trying to keep my distance, but I kept catching up... then we all got stuck in traffic because of some a-hole in a truck who wouldn't take the turnouts even though he had 10 people stuck in back of him. Bastard! I must have mouthed "Bastard" to him about 20 times... I was the 4th car in line, my twin was the 3rd car.

Weird looking at another Dolphin's tail for that long. I'm sure she was not used to having me tailing for that long either.

I was on this "quattro training session". So I would leave it in 3rd and just floor it in most of the twisties. 2nd required more concentration... and finesse with the gas.

The car really understeers... dear Lord it does. I almost plowed into two dirt embankments (and possibly almost flew of a cliff) because I was pushing it so hard. I saw the dirt getting closer and closer and I was thinking, "any time now... grip... any time now...". Then I had to counter-steer to avoid falling off the road. Always an adventure...

This crazy driving was with no traffic and no blind corners. So I'm not that loco...
Old 09-03-2002, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not I, but Palomar Mtn is a fun road

corners are a bit tight though so you get a lot of understeer.

jeff