A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Just installed my Thermal...Impressions...The good and the BAD...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed my Thermal...Impressions...The good and the BAD...

Okay,

I haven't gotten it out of the garage yet, but the sound is amazing. The packaging was good also, although there was one pretty nice scratch across the top of one of the mufflers. Anyway, I'll do a more thorough write-up later with pics, but this is the email I just sent to Ecode. Hopefully David will see either this or the actual email soon.

David (or whom it may concern),

I just installed my Thermal on my A4, and everything seemed to be fine except the passenger side tip was sticking out about a 1/4" further than the driver's. Then, I saw water droplets dropping off of the flange area where the mufflers attach to the resonator section. Upon closer inspection, I found a leak at the flange weld on the resonator section, passenger side. To make sure it wasn't just moisture on the outside shaking off, I took an air hose and blew it into the leak, while the car was off. I had my dad stand at the back to see if any gusts of smoke were coming out, as there was a little coming out once the car was shut off. Film on the inside of the pipes, I guess. Anyway, when I blew the hose, a huge plum of smoke came out. The leak is right on the bottom where the two weld beads come together around the flange. I really don't want to take it all back apart because is was quite a pain getting the tips to line up right, but I don't know what to do. Additionally, when installing, the flange on the driver's side was hitting the rear transfer case when I bolted everything up. I ended up having to take a grinder to the corner of the transfer case to get clearance. I did not touch the grinder to the flange though. I left a voicemail for you also. Please give me a call ASAP to further instruction. My numbers are:

Cell:
Work:

My confirmation number is

I also called Cheralyn at Thermal (888.284.3762), but did not leave a message. Again, Please call me ASAP.

Sincerely,

Erik Lindholm