A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine said ‘No traffic sign recognised’ until it picked one up from the navigation info/speed sign.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

are you all doing the traffic coding all through obdeleven?
Old 12-07-2017, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by danoarx
One more question, when you did it and turned off the car, then started it for the first time. The traffic sign info screen was blank or was it showing the text that no traffic sign information is not available until it recognized the first sign? Mine keeps on showing this text that traffic sign information is not available.
Finally it worked! This is what I did. I followed your steps, same thing, the sign come on for less than a second. Then I connected by OBD11 and reverted what I previously did for enabling traffic signs. Connected the dongle again and followed your steps. It now works. Whatever I did with OBD11 before was conflicting with it so after reverting those it is now working fine!

But I think that it is showing those speed limits from navigation data not from the camera and looking at the actual signs. The reason I am saying this is because it starts showing the speed limits even if there wasn't any sign on the road. As soon as I turn on a road that has a speed limit, it starts showing it even though there wasn't any actual sign yet. So I think it is getting this information from the navigation data.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Finally it worked! This is what I did. I followed your steps, same thing, the sign come on for less than a second. Then I connected by OBD11 and reverted what I previously did for enabling traffic signs. Connected the dongle again and followed your steps. It now works. Whatever I did with OBD11 before was conflicting with it so after reverting those it is now working fine!
Glad you eventually got it working!

But I think that it is showing those speed limits from navigation data not from the camera and looking at the actual signs. The reason I am saying this is because it starts showing the speed limits even if there wasn't any sign on the road. As soon as I turn on a road that has a speed limit, it starts showing it even though there wasn't any actual sign yet. So I think it is getting this information from the navigation data.
Mine does the same thing, BUT as soon as the car see's a speed limit sign it changes to that regardless of what the navigation speed limit states.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I forgot to mention, the reason I know that is because I joined a dual carriageway yesterday that I know is a 40mph limit, as soon as I joined the HUD displayed 70mph then as soon as I drove past a 40mph sign the HUD changed to 40 but the speed limit on the MMI (not VC) still showed 70mph.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great to see you guys have got it working.

As you described this is exactly how it works on my wife’s 17 Tiguan - uses a combination of navigation info and actual signs. It’s very quick and usually picks up all signs.

Thanks for sharing the pictures - it’s nice to see you have the 30mph sign in bottom of the virtual cockpit so it’s always visible (again same as the Tiguan). I have the tech pack so my screen has nav in between the dials but not sure there is space for the speed limit.

If anyone with the standard dis or tech pack has the speed limit option it would be nice to see a picture of what it looks like in the dash (without having to scroll through the menus) That would help me make a decision on whether it’s worth the investment or not.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

It can be done, may be worth asking Kufatec, found this vid with standard dis

Old 12-07-2017, 11:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audidave69
It can be done, may be worth asking Kufatec, found this vid with standard dis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSiBA3PfYXU
Thanks for the vid Dave, much appreciated. That looks like it’s in a perfect spot - always easy to see it! Will check with Kufatec if it’s put on the tech pack screen too.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sooooo.......how do you do it? I need to buy this special dongle to code traffic sign recognition? I have Vag-com as well as the factory tool.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

did you order from Kufarek in Germany or USA?

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks